Connecting 3 xbees or more & VB

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Connecting 3 xbees or more & VB

Postby Strike86 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:27 pm

Hi, I have 2 questions. I have brought 1 SKXbee and PR20. I want to use SKXBee as the coordinator and PR20 as the end devices.

1.How to do the setup and connect those 3 xbee's. Because I have tried but still have problem.

2. How do I control the xbee by using VB. Does the xbee has it own settings for or in the VB.
Strike86
Fledgling

Re: Connecting 3 xbees or more & VB

Postby yonghui » Mon Jan 18, 2010 12:34 pm

1.How to do the setup and connect those 3 xbee's. Because I have tried but still have problem.

hi Strike86,

here are some sharings with you on Xbee based on my knowledge. In 16 bits addressing, setting the DH to zero and setting DL to 0xFFFF will broadcast the signal to every other Xbee modules ( with same CH and ID) within the range regardless of the MY or DL of those xbee modules. if your doing basic communication i think this addressing will be enough.
one of the Xbee module will broadcast to the 2 other xbee modules, and if response from end devices xbee module is needed, then setting the DL address to match the MY address of the broadcasting xbee module. make sure all xbee modules have the same PAN ID and Channel CH.
for example:

module 1: DL=0xFFFF, MY=1234 ( this one will broadcast to all adresses, module1&2 )
module 2: DL=1234, MY=5678, ( this one can send to module 1, DL is matched to MY)
module 3: DL=1234, MY=789A, (this one too can send to module 1)

SKXBEE connected to PC act likes a wireless virtual com port. u might wan to try API modes of sending data instead of transparent mode in your VB software, you can get more info of transmitted packets if API modes are used.

regards
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to Wireless Device