RFID reader + RF sending data module

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

RFID reader + RF sending data module

Postby crashoverwide » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 am

my project consist of rfid reader and rf data sending system, since both of it have different configuration on uart, do i need to have 2 set of crystal h49s 20mhz

basically my project is about receiving data from the tag ID and use the ID as the coded data and send it through RF module into another interface.. both of the system is built in single circuitry and has been controlled by single PIC.
crashoverwide
Freshie

Re: RFID reader + RF sending data module

Postby A380 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:12 pm

crashoverwide WROTE:my project consist of rfid reader and rf data sending system, since both of it have different configuration on uart, do i need to have 2 set of crystal h49s 20mhz

One crystal is enough.
A380
Discoverer

Postby crashoverwide » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:07 am

how about the configuration on the programming..?
both of this system use different baud rate
crashoverwide
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:48 pm

crashoverwide WROTE:basically my project is about receiving data from the tag ID and use the ID as the coded data and send it through RF module into another interface.. both of the system is built in single circuitry and has been controlled by single PIC.

hi,
i am interested to know which PIC you are using, whether the PIC has two build-in internal UART modules for your RFID and RF?

PIC normally has one crystal only as the system clock. then the UART module will divide the system clock to be use as the UART clock, called the baud rate.

yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby crashoverwide » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:12 pm

yonghui WROTE:
crashoverwide WROTE:basically my project is about receiving data from the tag ID and use the ID as the coded data and send it through RF module into another interface.. both of the system is built in single circuitry and has been controlled by single PIC.

hi,
i am interested to know which PIC you are using, whether the PIC has two build-in internal UART modules for your RFID and RF?

PIC normally has one crystal only as the system clock. then the UART module will divide the system clock to be use as the UART clock, called the baud rate.

yh

i am using a PIC which has a single build in internal UART modules..
crashoverwide
Freshie

Postby A380 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 12:23 pm

I think one UART module is enough if you only receive data from RFID and send the data to RF module. RX pin connect to RFID device and TX connect to RF module. You can change the baud rate before you send or receive if you use them in different baud rate.
A380
Discoverer

Postby crashoverwide » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:37 pm

can i write a program which can automatically change the baud rate...? it means, once i get the data from rfid reader, the baud rate will automatically change so the Tx in my circuit can send the data to the Rx in the other circuit..
crashoverwide
Freshie

Postby A380 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:55 pm

crashoverwide WROTE:can i write a program which can automatically change the baud rate...? it means, once i get the data from rfid reader, the baud rate will automatically change so the Tx in my circuit can send the data to the Rx in the other circuit..

Sure. You can write it to be automatically by using function.
A380
Discoverer

Return to Wireless Device