SKKCA-21 - Unable to find device

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

SKKCA-21 - Unable to find device

Postby simon » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:51 pm

Hello everyone. My laptop is unable to find SKKCA-21 bluetooth device. I'm using built-in bluetooth in my laptop to search for the device but it didn't work (the only thing it found was my cellphone). My OS is Windows 7, and I used my default bluetooth software.

Tried with BlueSoleil, and everything from the guides, doesn't work too. Did I missed out any steps ?
simon
Freshie

Re: SKKCA-21 - Unable to find device

Postby diaane » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:21 am

Hi Simon,

What do you mean by:
simon WROTE:everything from the guides

and which guide you refer to? The one published by Cytron or KC Wirefree?

Another question is how did you power up your bluetooth? Using USB or from another device?

Can you give us more detailed description on your set up so that it's easier for us to get a clearer picture?
diaane

Postby simon » Thu Jul 15, 2010 9:00 pm

Hi diaane,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried the guide by Cytron, and if I'm not wrong, the guide for the starter-kit is same for KC Wirefree.

Umm...I just want to try out if it can be detected by the laptop's bluetooth. So I connect a direct 5V battery source to the bluetooth. It gets powered up but then still cannot be detected.

I followed the guide from Cytron using USB too. I connected it with USB, COMPORT is detected. But when I try it out with hyperterminal, it doesn't show anything.

Did I missed out steps in the guide or what ? Lol.
simon
Freshie

Postby ober » Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:26 pm

simon WROTE:I followed the guide from Cytron using USB too. I connected it with USB, COMPORT is detected. But when I try it out with hyperterminal, it doesn't show anything.

So are you saying that you connect the SKKCA to USB port of computer, open Hyperterminal and connect to correct COM port and nothing happen in HyperTerminal? Can you try to reset the SKKCA using the on board reset button? If everything is configured correctly, the Bluetooth on SKCCA should return some text.

If it does not return any text, please do fill in the form at support tab in Cytron website, the support team will follow up with you.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby simon » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:36 pm

Hi ober,

Yeap, just as you have said it. I connect SKKCA to USB port of computer, open Hyperterminal and connect to correct COM port and nothing happen in HyperTerminal. Tried the reset button too. Nothing came out from the screen. When I pressed it repeatedly, the only thing came out is just weird symbols.

I think I will fill in the support form. Thanks for the troubleshooting :D
simon
Freshie

Postby sich » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:19 pm

simon WROTE:When I pressed it repeatedly, the only thing came out is just weird symbols.

When this happens, it may due to error in the configuration of ur com port. Correct baudrate, data bits, parity, stop bits and flow control settings are needed for the two device to communicate flawlessly.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby simon » Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:17 pm

Hi sich,

Erm I used 115200 for baud rate, the parity, stop bit and flow control as the manual shows. It didn't work. Then I tried every possible baud rates, it didn't work either. :/ Isit possible to have something with Windows incompatibility ?

Another question...I wanted to fill up the form in the support site but I can't the invoice for the device. Is it okay to leave it out ?

Thanks again.

P/S : Sorry I just found I used SKKCA - 11 instead of SKKCA - 21. Does it make any difference in the troubleshooting ?
simon
Freshie

Postby hyng » Thu Jul 22, 2010 8:43 pm

It's better to find the invoice number so that you can prove that the product is still under warranty. Anyway, if you really unable to trace back the invoice number, just leave it blank and we'll work from there.
hyng

Return to Wireless Device