RF Transmitter and Receiver

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

RF Transmitter and Receiver

Postby KSW » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:43 pm

can the RF transmitter and RF receiver install together with same microcontroller??

I have two separate board A,B and each board build with one 16f877a microcontroller.
after i press the button in board A then i want send the signal via transmitter to board B receiver to perform some operation. after the operation in Board B is done then i want to transmit the complete message from Board B to Board A and show at LCD screen.

so is that possible each of the board A and B build up with one set of RF module?? if possible how the programming code i should write?? is that similiar to PR 16??
KSW
Novice

Re: RF Transmitter and Receiver

Postby ober » Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:49 pm

You will need to use different frequency transmitter and receiver.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby KSW » Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:11 pm

cannot apply same frequency module to both board?? software cannot control for that??

like when board A transmit the information to board B then the board A change from transmit signal to receive signal
after that from Board B receive the signal and perform the job then change from receive signal to transmit signal and transmit feedback to board A.
KSW
Novice

Postby hyng » Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:48 am

So you have one set (RF Transmitter and Receiver) on each board A and B? You will need one transmitter and one receiver on each board, or it is better if you can find a Transceiver module.

I think what Ober said here is you will need two set of different freq of RF module on your board A and B. For example, RF Transmitter 433MHz and RF Receiver 315MHz on your Board A, while RF Transmitter 315MHz and RF Receiver 433MHz are on your Board B. These is to avoid the receiver to receive the transmit signal from the same board. Anyway, some software verification may help you to verify the signal.

Since you will need a bidirectional signal, why not you use the Bluetooth or Zigbee module? If it is within your budget...
hyng

Postby KSW » Tue Aug 03, 2010 4:11 pm

becoz my FYP submitted to my school is about home devices control by RF wireless tech...so i do not know whether my idea of the RF transmitter and receiver can work or not as bidirectional signal so im here ask for help...so i cannot change my title with bluetooth module and also budget problem..

so i just need place one board with RF transmitter 315Mhz and RF receiver 433Mhz then another board with transmitter 433Mhz and receiver 315Mhz??

got what software may help me do the signal verification??
KSW
Novice

Postby robosang » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:25 pm

:roll: Is not the software only to verify the RF frequency lah brother.... you will need a device to receive the signal too.....and normally this kind of tool are damn expensive.......like spectrum analyzer.....if you can get the SA, you should not be getting a 30 bucks RF module.
robosang
Expert

Postby yonghui » Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:36 pm

hi,
Xbee modules are RF, u can consider it and its a transceiver.

receive and transmit in same frequency is ok... but u need some filtering using ur codes. so tat the board sending wont receive the signal itself.

so write your data packet in a form tat can be recognized whether its transmitted by board A or board B.

for example data packet transmitted by board A will start with starting byte 'A'
then data packet transmitted by board B will start with the starting byet 'B'
then board A itself will ignore all the data packet tat start with 'A' and receive only data start with 'B' and vice versa.
of course noise filtering code will be needed too.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby KSW » Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:00 am

ic Xbee is RF module. but if i have two board, it mean i need apply two Xbee module to my project?? what is the difference between Xbee module and RF module? from performance and effiecency?? the receiver and transmit range of these two module which one is better, stable and lowest error/error free? can state out all the difference?
Thank you very much to all answer the post^_^
KSW
Novice

Postby yonghui » Thu Aug 05, 2010 4:07 pm

what is the difference between Xbee module and RF module? from performance and effiecency?? the receiver and transmit range of these two module which one is better, stable and lowest error/error free?

for sure the answer to all of ur question is Xbee is better than normal low cost RF module. performance better, more efficient, range is dependant on which XBEE module u select, Xbee or Xbee pro (refer datasheeet for range). Xbee is stable and have error checking.

Xbee module is transceiver module, can send and receive, and a lot more reliable compared to low cost RF module. Xbee it self can do error checking and ignore corrupted data packets. and too it offers 3 mode of sending and receiving data, i.e.. transparent(simplest), API1, and API2.

you can read more about Xbee module from the datasheet and SK-Xbee usermanual, to learn more about it. have fun!

http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=Nzo7AiAVPRckIisPCgcFCJAureYw6EVsU8RCTBBWxC0=

http://www.cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pid=JQkvKw8QOSAPMAM2AToJAg6sves1FqE1WITIh94jK4g=

regards,
inghui
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby KSW » Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:26 am

can i connect RF module 433Mhz to microcontroller I/O Port?? For example Vcc=> +5V, Gnd => Gnd , data => RB1 pin. I want to know whether transmiter can keep on send a logic 1 as data and if receiver get logic 1 then turn on led at RB1, logic 0 then turn off led(shown with attachment).is that possible to do that ? or it need some encoder, decoder to do that??

Thank.
Attachments
1.jpg
KSW
Novice

Next

Return to Wireless Device