Multi signal transmit and receive

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Multi signal transmit and receive

Postby luq1988 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 pm

hello, im new here. i have one project. so my project is like this:
i have 3 device(device A,device B, device C) and 1 server. the server is PC. the device and the server need transceiver. the device need to transmit the signal to the server. the server need to transmit to all device. so what kind of transceiver that possible to my 3device and the server?
luq1988

Re: Multi signal transmit and receive

Postby yonghui » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:42 pm

luq1988 WROTE:hello, im new here. i have one project. so my project is like this:
i have 3 device(device A,device B, device C) and 1 server. the server is PC. the device and the server need transceiver. the device need to transmit the signal to the server. the server need to transmit to all device. so what kind of transceiver that possible to my 3device and the server?

hi,

u might consider using Xbee modules :)
http://cytron.com.my/listProducts.php?actionURL=&txtSearch=xbee&txtCommentBox=&txtCommentEmail=

Xbee for sure can meet ur requirement. and its stable + easy to use too.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robosang » Tue Sep 14, 2010 8:59 am

Woh.... sound complex 8-) , Bluetooth, XBee, ZigBee and WiFi might be your choice.
robosang
Expert

Postby luq1988 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:27 am

Thank you for the reply.

this xbee, how many identification can be used? which mean how many device i can used? for now, i only have 3 devices.
some more, the range is about 100m. i wan used it in area like in carrefour. so, how i wan to cover all area that such so big. Some people say used repeater. so anybody can comment about it??
luq1988

Postby ober » Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:05 am

Yup, XBee is a good solution, still there is a lot to be done if you want to use it as multi-point and to cover such a big area with buildings and walls.

XBee can have more than 256 (I think way more) nodes by changing the ID. Though the standard XBee can goes upto 100 meter (open space), XBee Pro can goes up to 1.6km (open space). Of course the communication range will be affected by walls, metal and other obstacle, you can utilize the coordinator nodes to repeat or relay your message between nodes.

You will need to study the Datasheet of XBee to get more info, I never try using XBee in such condition, but it can support your requirement.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby luq1988 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:08 am

thank you ober.
can this xbee transmiting and receiving signal from normal wireless that used at PC?
luq1988

Postby yonghui » Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:52 am

luq1988 WROTE:can this xbee transmiting and receiving signal from normal wireless that used at PC?

hi,

Xbee has its own communication protocol, that it can only communicate between the xbee modules, we can have a lot xbee modules to communicated with each others. but we probably cant make it to connect to WIFI of the laptop or computer.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby luq1988 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:32 pm

okey.. tq for the information.. i will cont my project..if got problem i will ask again
luq1988

Postby luq1988 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:30 am

hello, can this xbee connect to ATMEGA32?
luq1988

Postby sich » Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:16 pm

XBee uses UART communication. So as long as the controller you want to use has UART interface, it's fine. Just configure the UART module of the chip you use and send the correct commands to XBee.

You can have a look at Arduino platform. Arduino uses ATmega328 microcontroller. It's a open source platform where you can find many useful libraries, sample code, applications...

p.s. Arduino Duemilanove (Arduino Main Board) is the first Arduino product in Cytron's inventory.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Next

Return to Wireless Device