Question about XBee

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Re: Question about XBee

Postby tst » Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:07 am

Thanks yh.I saw that is a example in cytron user manual. It is about communication between 2 XBEE by setting MY and DL. What if I want to have three XBEE? Can I have 3 MY?
Is is possible to type a programming code in XCTU? to control the data received from sensor 1 and sensor 2.
tst
Apprentice

Postby yonghui » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:52 pm

hi,

DL and MY set the addressing of Xbee.

u can receives data from several xbees and display it on xctu. u can try it. but need to set the correct DL and MY address.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby tst » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 am

thanks. I will try first.
tst
Apprentice

Postby tst » Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:25 pm

Can the XBEE itself receive the 3 data at the same time? Cause my lecturer want the 3 data come in the XBEE at the same time. Is it possible?
tst
Apprentice

Postby ober » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:36 am

tst WROTE:Can the XBEE itself receive the 3 data at the same time? Cause my lecturer want the 3 data come in the XBEE at the same time. Is it possible?

Actually you need to ask your lecturer, what do 3 data in the same time? Because if the data is just 1 byte, you will not see the different as the microcontroller process data very fast. Try it out first, and let your lecturer see the result, and improve it.

No wireless or wired device can receive data from multiple nodes in the same time, even when you see those multipoint network such as Bluetooth, ZigBee, Wifi, LAN, they are using some mechanism to accept data one by one. But because of the algorithm and processing speed is fast, we do not notice it, we thought it is take multiple data in the same time.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby yonghui » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:38 am

hi,

even our computer doesnt run 3 softwares at the same time. its using technique of multitasking that make it seems to be running multiple software. unless for multicore processor, then that will be different abit.

receive the data one by one from each node is good enough i think for few bytes of things.
u try to calculate how fast ur things need to be. as what ober said, we probably cant see the 3 data reach at different time, because its very fast. and if u wan to display on LCD u will need to display one by one also, so receiving the data at exact same time also not useful because the display will be one by one too.

i think u do not need to worry much about the 3 at the same time 1st. but try to make the things sending and receiving data 1st.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby tst » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:20 am

ok...thanks a lot...
tst
Apprentice

Postby davidtsj » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:22 pm

i would like to ask whether can "pic basic pro" language be used to programe xbee?thx in advance..:)
davidtsj
Novice

Postby robosang » Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:51 pm

davidtsj WROTE:i would like to ask whether can "pic basic pro" language be used to programe xbee?thx in advance..:)

It does not matter what programming language you use, as long as it can send and receive data to/from UART.
robosang
Expert

Postby davidtsj » Mon Feb 14, 2011 7:57 pm

hey robosang, that's so kind of u to reply my post..coz ur the only one that r trying to help me:)
Btw whats UART..thxin advance:)
davidtsj
Novice

PreviousNext

Return to Wireless Device