how to connect pic with SKKCA-21 with othr pic with SKKCA-21

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

how to connect pic with SKKCA-21 with othr pic with SKKCA-21

Postby saif » Thu Oct 21, 2010 4:09 am

i had bought 2 skkca-21 to make connection between 2 PIC in my project.The problem is how to connect between these two bluetooth device..could you tell me how.
saif
Fledgling

Re: how to connect pic with SKKCA-21 with othr pic with SKKCA-21

Postby kl84 » Sun Oct 24, 2010 6:55 pm

Never used it before but since it's using UART to communicate, you've to establish the UART interface of your PICs and send the appropriate commands. Perhaps you need to go through all of the user manuals and datasheet in order to use it.

To Cytron, it's much appreciated if you could provide a sample source code as kick start guide.
kl84
Amateur

Postby robosang » Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:35 pm

I think Cytron did provide the simple application, try to search one of their PR. Friend of my bought that before and it work well. It uses Bluetooth dongle to create connection, is easier and basic way.

I did once gone through the datasheet and the document, cannot remember the name. It uses UART only and it need to send AT command. There are 2 modes, command mode and transparent/serial mode. By default the bluetooth is in command mode. you can send command to search for available Bluetooth device and then process the result and send the desire Bluetooth address to establish connection, if the connection is successfully establish, it will turn into transparent mode.

Basically, is UART function, you will need to develop program to store Bluetooth address and send command.
robosang
Expert

Postby ober » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:59 am

PR6A shows the simple and basic Bluetooth communication. Yes, modification and improvement is necessary to make it a working and good project.

I did see a project that uses a pair of SKKC21 to create connection and further communicate between 2 microcontrollers. Done by one of the undergrad from UTM or UTHM if I remember correctly. Again, he din disclose the details as what Cytron did for DIY project. Why? i am not sure.

Anyway, I do hope you can share when you completed the project. More can share their projects. It will help many more people in future.

Yes, please do study the KC serial user guide and serial command reference guide..... hope to get the good news later. Keep up the good work!
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Wireless Device