HyperTerminal with SKKCA-21

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

HyperTerminal with SKKCA-21

Postby dccf88 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:51 am

I have tried out my SKKCA-21 by using USB, the COM port is 17 while by using Bluetooth in Bluesoleil the COM port is 7.

I plugged in the USB and use COM17, it works.
Same with using Bluetooth, the COM7 is work too.

My question is, my project is using hyperterminal to connect to SKKCA-21 through Bluetooth then SKKCA-21 to PIC.

Which COM port should I connect to? COM7 or COM17?

COM7 right? Because I'm not using USB.
dccf88

Re: HyperTerminal with SKKCA-21

Postby sich » Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:12 pm

Err...I'm confused. What do you mean by Bluetooth? Is it a usb bluetooth dongle? Can you show us the system diagram? Or try anyhow to illustrate the system to us because i can't get what you mean. Thanks!
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby dccf88 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:15 pm

sich WROTE:Err...I'm confused. What do you mean by Bluetooth? Is it a usb bluetooth dongle? Can you show us the system diagram? Or try anyhow to illustrate the system to us because i can't get what you mean. Thanks!

Ok, what I mean is my project using Bluetooth dongle and from the Bluesoleil and the USB serial port is COM7.

On another side, I use the USB cable to try the SKKCA-21 because I wanna get the AT command to make sure that it is work and the USB serial port is COM17.

My question is which USB serial port should I use? COM7 or COM17?

NOTE: In my project, I will use Bluetooth dongle to connect with my SKKCA-21.
dccf88

Postby ober » Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:14 pm

Just try it! It will not spoil your computer nor the SKKCA, if you select wrongly, it will not connect, that's all!

Well, you should connect to COM 7 as you are using your computer Bluetooth, not the SKKCA. SKKCA will be connected to PIC?

You are seeing COM 17 because you connect SKKCA through the USB port. If you disconnect it, the COM 17 disappear.... you cannot connect to COM 17 as it has disappear. That's my point. Once you try it, you will notice that COM17 is not there, how can you connect it?

Anyway, do let us know the result.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby dccf88 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:06 pm

ober WROTE:Just try it! It will not spoil your computer nor the SKKCA, if you select wrongly, it will not connect, that's all!

Well, you should connect to COM 7 as you are using your computer Bluetooth, not the SKKCA. SKKCA will be connected to PIC?

You are seeing COM 17 because you connect SKKCA through the USB port. If you disconnect it, the COM 17 disappear.... you cannot connect to COM 17 as it has disappear. That's my point. Once you try it, you will notice that COM17 is not there, how can you connect it?

Anyway, do let us know the result.

Thanks for the reply

Ober, you are right!
Once the USB has been disconnected from the USB port, the COM17 has disappeared.

I have tried to connect to COM7 and it works but the Hyperterminal doesn't have any function or words, I think that is the problem from PIC source code.

I will try it again with PR6 project to check whether there is words in Hyperterminal or not ^^
dccf88

Postby dccf88 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:52 pm

I have tried again just now and I get good news to you guys.

It works!!! Really is my source code problem, I have fixed it.

Thanks for the help by the way ;)

Much more appreciate to Cytron :lol:
dccf88

Postby ober » Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:19 pm

dccf88 WROTE:I have tried again just now and I get good news to you guys.

It works!!! Really is my source code problem, I have fixed it.

Thanks for the help by the way ;)

Much more appreciate to Cytron :lol:

:o Good to hear that, can you share a photo of your project? What is going to do exactly?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Wireless Device