How to read data from usb to vb

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

How to read data from usb to vb

Postby didiey » Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Hye. Actually, i want to build a simple monitoring application of xbee through out visual basic but i dunnow how to implement and coding it.

I need someone to guide or give any idea how to make the data that has sent by skxbee can capture and transmit to other nodes. Means that, other nodes can receive and capture the data.

Let's imagine that, it has two skxbee that has connected with laptop. Through out visual basic which has progrmmed to transmit the data from skxbee 1 to skxbee 2.

So, the question is, how to make the data can be capture from other nodes? and how to connect between skxbee and visual basic?

Hopefully, someone can answer me and give any idea or coding. I'm so nervous because there do not have enough time to do this interface for my final year project.

Deep in my heart, anyone can help me ^^.
didiey

Re: How to read data from usb to vb

Postby yonghui » Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:16 pm

hi,

ur question is still blur.

Xbee transmit wirelessly. so if u wan to make several xbee receive. u will broadcast the data. or set the destination address of Xbee to broadcast. refer Xbee usermanual for the commands.

Skxbee appear to be virtual com port on computer. u can write VB to control it as serial COM port. look for the protocol needed for the communication in xbee user manual.

thanks & regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby shiyan » Sun Dec 05, 2010 10:11 pm

Yes, everyone suffer to finish final year project :lol: No, not me :mrgreen: I done it years ago.....

I do agreed with yonghui, a bit blur.... you say want to transmit data from another node to other node, but from your later description, there are only 2 nodes.

Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang tu jugak! If XBee1 get data, it must be from XBee2, then you want to transmit the same message to XBee2 again? :o

and for computer programming.... my advise, is a long way to go. Get sample source code of COM port, that is the most easiest computer interface available. VB can access to COM Port easily. I think Cytron do have several sample source code in VB that uses COM port. One that I remember is the RC Servo Controller, can try to look for the product in their website and download the code.
shiyan
Amateur

Postby didiey » Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:33 pm

shiyan WROTE:Yes, everyone suffer to finish final year project :lol: No, not me :mrgreen: I done it years ago.....

I do agreed with yonghui, a bit blur.... you say want to transmit data from another node to other node, but from your later description, there are only 2 nodes.

Pi Mai Pi Mai Tang tu jugak! If XBee1 get data, it must be from XBee2, then you want to transmit the same message to XBee2 again? :o

and for computer programming.... my advise, is a long way to go. Get sample source code of COM port, that is the most easiest computer interface available. VB can access to COM Port easily. I think Cytron do have several sample source code in VB that uses COM port. One that I remember is the RC Servo Controller, can try to look for the product in their website and download the code.

Thanks for respon,hehe
hm..actually da setting broadcast through XCTU. There have 3 nodes,(coordinator,router, end device) 2 skxbee as coordinator and end device and a node as router, xbee with led which it juz blinking LED when received data. Means that, only 2 skxbee will mount with laptop.

I'm juz confusing when skxbee used usb to connect, so how to code and connect between vb 6.0 and skxbee? how to show the connection?

Do you get any sample code for USB port programming in VB6?

it's used the serial communication?
didiey

Postby yonghui » Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:50 pm

hi,

its serial communication. the USB will be a virtual com port. ur software will be written to communicate with serial communication.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to Wireless Device