How to assign address to Xbee without using starter kit?

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Re: How to assign address to Xbee without using starter kit?

Postby stevenwkz89 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:35 pm

Can I know the current rating of SKXBee?
Is it necessary to used different power source for PIC and SKXBee?
For now, I am sharing 9V for PIC and SKXBee.
Thanks.
stevenwkz89

Postby aurora » Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:42 pm

SKXBee rated for 5v, and XBee module rated for 3.3v. If I remember correctly, the rated current is about 100~150mA.

LCD takes about 200-300mA... I can't remember, you might want to check with the datasheet.
aurora
Discoverer

Postby shiyan » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:07 pm

Is OK to share power between SKXBee and PIC, even the LCD.... What I worry is the 9V battery, it will not last long.
shiyan
Amateur

Postby stevenwkz89 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:20 pm

Hi all,

I now facing a problem, I have 2 SKXBee module, I able to send from node 1 to the node 2 ,but the received data is not accurate as what I send Eg,I send 10101010 but I received 10001111. I suspect is not enough current?
Another problem is I not able to send from node 2 to node 1,I had change PIC,check connectivity, but still unable to send from node 2 to node 1.
Is it the current problem? :(
stevenwkz89

Postby yonghui » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:13 pm

did u measure the Voltage at Vdd of Xbee? isit 3.3V and 5V for the PIC ?

if the current is not enough, most probably voltage is dropping.
if the voltage remain stable, means tat the current shud be enough. and most probably is coding problem.

u are using transparent mode of of Xbee?

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby aurora » Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:36 am

Sound like a problem with your baud rate setting. If the power is not enough, the Xbee will reset, and it takes about 1~2 second to search for the other Xbee. By right, you won't be able to see any transmission at all.
aurora
Discoverer

Postby stevenwkz89 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:53 am

I using starter kit so I just can measure 5V from Vin.I tried to measure voltage from TX and RX pin on Zigbee and I found 4.99V at both TX and RX pin of the starter kit which used to transmit.
Meanwhile,at other node that used to received , I measured 1.42V at TX pin and 4.90V at RX pin of the starter kit. Is that the correct value suppose to be measured?
I just used 1 source for each node which is 9V from power adapter and each node contain PIC, LCD, and SKXBee. Do I need separate source for SKXBee and PIC?Please advice.
May I know what is transparent mode?
I set baud rate for both side at 9600. But the LED blinking of TX and RX of SKXBee is very dim compare when connected to the computer using X-CTU.
Thanks.
stevenwkz89

Postby stevenwkz89 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 2:00 pm

aurora WROTE:Did you manage to get 'Detected xx' on your X-CTU terminal? The LCD.c use 4-bit interface, how's your connection?

I'm also using CCS here, but I use my own LCD routine.

Can you let me see your LCD routine?I need to know how to configure the pin to connect wifth LCD.
Thanks.
stevenwkz89

Postby yonghui » Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:18 pm

hi,

measuring voltage using multimeter on TX and RX doesnt give any meaning since it will be pulses if there is tranmission... it will give u average voltage of pulses.
pls refer datasheet/user manual for transparent mode, and other modes, transparent meaning direct transmission. its advisable to read through the usermanual of the xbee before u can really know how to use the xbee.

xbee is actually 3.3V devices, SKxbee has the level shifter to convert it to 5V compatible.

did u ever tried to connect both SKxbee to computer and open xctu for both skxbee and start transmit data to see whether all the transmitted and received data is correct?

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby stevenwkz89 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 5:07 pm

ic..ya,I had tried to connect both SKxbee to computer and open xctu for both skxbee and start transmit data. I successfully transmit data between 2 SKXBEE using X-CTU. I am now trying to transmit between 2 skxbee using PIC, but I just can transmit from 1 side(node1) to other side(node 2) and unable to transmit from the other side(node 2) to node 1 using the same code.
Please advice.thanks
stevenwkz89

PreviousNext

Return to Wireless Device