Avoid Interfering between two SKPS

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Avoid Interfering between two SKPS

Postby zayedson » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:15 am

Good morning everyone,
if me and my friend have PR23 multifunction robot, SKPS PS controller starter kit and PS2 wireless controller. Each one of us has one device of each.
So, how i can make sure that my robot not interfer with his robot..??
Which part i have to edit ?? Is it the programming code ? Or the transmiting frequency ?
I am still begginer :)
zayedson
Freshie

Re: Avoid Interfering between two SKPS

Postby ABSF » Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 am

Which part i have to edit ?? Is it the programming code ? Or the transmiting frequency ?

Good question. :? I have a real PS2 at home though I didn't play much with it. But I think the SONY engineers must have thought about this when they're designing the PS2. ;)

So, since the communication between the joysticks and the main console is using 2.4HGz for TX and RX (vibration mode). And there are only a copule of buttons and analog sticks to detect and encode. I think there should be enough commands and data space to store the data for players 1 to 2 or even for 5 players. Just like you can define multiple UARTs in a PIC with just one HW USART. It is just software and data areas for each player.

If you need to change the TX and RX frequencies to customise each player's joystick. That would be the design of the 60's or 70's when datacomm is still in its infant stage. So if your wireless joysticks do not work or interfere with each other, just look into the software of the SKPS. You might gain a lot of new knowledge modifying it.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby ober » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:10 pm

zayedson WROTE:Good morning everyone,
if me and my friend have PR23 multifunction robot, SKPS PS controller starter kit and PS2 wireless controller. Each one of us has one device of each.
I am still begginer :)

Actually is not about SKPS. SKPS is just reading signal from PS2 receiver, either wireless or wired and translate it into UART.

Interference or not is not decided by SKPS. Is the wireless communication of wireless PS2 itself that have to carter for that.

Just imaging this, if you are using wired PS2 and is connected to 2 different mobile robot as you described will the SKPS in any way cause interference? No, correct?

Same applied when you use wireless, SKPS cannot play the role to caused interference or to avoid interference. :)

Anyway, what we have tested here is with two units of wireless PS2 and no problem caused. All you have to do is:
1. Activate one of the receiver 1st and further activate one of the PS2 controller. Wait until they pair up.
2. Activate another receiver, and activate the last PS2 controller, they will again pair up.

Then it should be good.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby ABSF » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:32 pm

Wow, that's a new thing I learned today.

Thanks, Ober.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby zayedson » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 am

ober WROTE:Anyway, what we have tested here is with two units of wireless PS2 and no problem caused. All you have to do is:
1. Activate one of the receiver 1st and further activate one of the PS2 controller. Wait until they pair up.
2. Activate another receiver, and activate the last PS2 controller, they will again pair up.

Then it should be good.

Thank you Mr. Ober.
So, i understood from this is what ever number of wireless PS2 controllers are in use at the same time will not cause any interference among them all. Is that correct ?
It means also that i have to wait my friend to successfully connect to his robot befor i attempt to connect to my robort to avoid interference.

I am sory for that, becuase i am new in communications and wireless.
Please, correct me if there is any mistake.
Thanx aloot
zayedson
Freshie

Postby shiyan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:16 pm

zayedson WROTE:[
So, i understood from this is what ever number of wireless PS2 controllers are in use at the same time will not cause any interference among them all. Is that correct ?
It means also that i have to wait my friend to successfully connect to his robot befor i attempt to connect to my robort to avoid interference.

I am sory for that, becuase i am new in communications and wireless.
Please, correct me if there is any mistake.
Thanx aloot

Why need to wait for confirmation? Just try it 1st..... Is kind of weird for me to see many like to wait for other confirmation just to try out simple thing..... Where is the sense of adventure?
shiyan
Amateur

Postby zayedson » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:22 am

shiyan WROTE:Why need to wait for confirmation? Just try it 1st..... Is kind of weird for me to see many like to wait for other confirmation just to try out simple thing..... Where is the sense of adventure?

Because i haven't bought it yet, and i am having a robogame in my university. Thats why i need full details !!
Any how thank you for your suggestion :)
zayedson
Freshie

Postby ober » Tue Jan 11, 2011 9:21 pm

zayedson WROTE:So, i understood from this is what ever number of wireless PS2 controllers are in use at the same time will not cause any interference among them all. Is that correct ?

That is the result of our test. Not really sure whether all batch of Wireless PS2 have that features. Is not possible for us to test all wireless PS2 in the market.

Anyway, the interference has thing to do with SKPS :)
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby zayedson » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 pm

ober WROTE:
Anyway, the interference has thing to do with SKPS :)

Thank you alot..
So, regarding your above quote. How i can be ready to avoid the interference incase it happens during a robogame. i mean how i can prepare another frequency to avoid the interference.. sory for many requested :)
zayedson
Freshie

Postby ober » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 am

Sorry, Typo. It should be "Nothing to do with SKPS".

You cannot change the frequency of the communication because it is embedded in the wireless PS2, is not changeable and controllable.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Next

Return to Wireless Device