Wireless ECG using 2 SKXBEE

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Re: Wireless ECG using 2 SKXBEE

Postby ober » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:29 pm

winfai WROTE:It compose of 3 different board. the data output is via USB cable. so i am thinking of using one SKXBEE connect with the tower system above.... But the program is i can't program or in your work, translate to action. the SKXBEE can either use microcontroller or USB cable at one time and it can't use simultaneously. what can i do?? I have another question, the SKXBEE that use with computer will not require any programming, just use X-CTU to configure???

is USB the only output? It is not possible to connect SKXBee to the USB port of that board, because USB is device and host communication. A USB mouse cannot connect to a USB keyboard, same concept applied to other USB devices. Though there is exception, but it requires more complex hardware. I am seeing there is other output from the link you paste, there are RS232 output and etc.

as for another question, it depends on what you need on computer, X-CTU allow you to configure the XBee easily and have a Terminal window to show the data received easily. If the data you need is raw, it should be fine to use X-CTU or HyperTerminal or other terminal program. If you need to process the data from ECG, you will need programming.

Looking at your description and the board you are using, there are much more work to be done than just hooking up the modules, you will need to understand the fundamental of electronics and communication. Good luck and work hard.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby winfai » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:01 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.... Ya, there is RS232 output but if i am using that RS232 output, then i think i should include some other demo board and gonna be more complex as i nned to interface two type of board which come from different company. As now i have two unit of SKXBEE, i am trying to implement with what i have and see the results. So that is definitely no way to use this SKXBEE with this ECG development kits via USB??
winfai
Novice

Postby ober » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:58 am

winfai WROTE:Hi, so that is definitely no way to use this SKXBEE with this ECG development kits via USB??

Yup, i would say so for the time being.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby winfai » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi all,

i am trying to output the data via RS232 to SKXBEE where the RS232 signal will pass through the MAX232 before it enter the SKXBEE. Unfortunately, there is no data transmitted during experiment. I have construct the RS232 circuit as below

http://shahrulnizam.com/max232-driver/

I still have doubt on the RS232 (DB9) site. I have connect the pin 2 and 3 (TX and RX) respectively according to the circuits above the links. DO i need to connect the pin 5 to the ground too??? What other pin i need to connect for DB9 site which is not stated in the link above???

I have try for weeks already but still no signal obtained.... Thanks in advance..
winfai
Novice

Postby ober » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:00 pm

winfai WROTE:I still have doubt on the RS232 (DB9) site. I have connect the pin 2 and 3 (TX and RX) respectively according to the circuits above the links. DO i need to connect the pin 5 to the ground too??? What other pin i need to connect for DB9 site which is not stated in the link above???

GND or ground need to be common, or tie together. That is for voltage reference.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby robosang » Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:18 pm

It will be good if you can capture a picture of your setup.
robosang
Expert

Previous

Return to Wireless Device