SKXBee USB device Not Recognized

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

SKXBee USB device Not Recognized

Postby nicholaswsw » Fri Jan 28, 2011 12:49 am

I install all the driver for XCTU program but Windows show that SKXBEE as Not Recognized USB.
But when i try with another SKXBee its working perfectly fine. What could be the problem?
nicholaswsw

Re: SKXBee USB device Not Recognized

Postby ABSF » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:15 am

nicholaswsw WROTE:I install all the driver for XCTU program but Windows show that SKXBEE as Not Recognized USB.
But when i try with another SKXBee its working perfectly fine. What could be the problem?

Since Cytron did not provide the schematics for SKXBee, it looks like there are only a few things you can check.

First, does the green LED for 3.3V light up when USB is connected?
Did you interchange the XBee from the good SKXBee with the faulty SKXBee?
Are there any dry joints on the USB socket?
The next I would suspect the SMD PIC. It has 28 pins and I cant see any crystal around it. And you need to have the desoldering tools and the program for the PIC before you can undertake the repairs. Is the faulty SKXBee still under warranty (6 months)? If yes, the best answer is to send it back to cytron for repair.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby yonghui » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:46 pm

hi,

if its under warranty its better to send back to cytron.
the usb not recognized might be caused by the connection problem or the FT232 chip problem if checked the regulator is working fine to give 3.3V. not likely to be xbee module.

thanks&regards
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby nicholaswsw » Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 am

okay.... it can work now. But sometime when its communicating between 2 zigbee's using XCTU certain data is loss?
example:

Zigbee 1:
ZigBee is so cool

Zigbee 2:
Zgbee sso cool

as you can see certain letters are missing, why does this happen? all parameter were followed exactly from the user manual.
nicholaswsw

Postby FloatingMachine » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:06 am

I heard that sometimes xbee is dropping data in a 2.4GHz heavy congested environment (eg. area with a lot of WIFI, bluetooth, etc signal).
Can someone do an experiment to confirm this?

If that's the case, maybe you will need to design a better protocol with acknowledgment and etc. :?
FloatingMachine

Return to Wireless Device