CAn anyone tell me how do i use UART?

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

CAn anyone tell me how do i use UART?

Postby davidtsj » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:30 pm

AS i dun understand how it works...when using UC00A and xbee...thx in advance
davidtsj
Novice

Re: CAn anyone tell me how do i use UART?

Postby shahrul » Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:58 pm

What you are willing to do with UC00A and Xbee?
UART is a serial transfering data with speed define by Baudrate. More: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uart
shahrul
Professional

Postby davidtsj » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:01 pm

Dear shahrul,
I dun understand why xbee has to go thru UC00A, why cant i juz connect my xbee to the pc...uart explaination is kinda hard to digest...any simple description about UART>?
davidtsj
Novice

Postby shahrul » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:11 pm

davidtsj WROTE:Dear shahrul,
I dun understand why xbee has to go thru UC00A, why cant i juz connect my xbee to the pc...uart explaination is kinda hard to digest...any simple description about UART>?

I don't understand how you want connect Xbee direct to PC? Connect to USB port, LAN port, power port? :D
shahrul
Professional

Postby yonghui » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:21 pm

hi,

direct connect?

get SKXbee, then u can direct connect to computer via usb.

else u will need to do wirings from UC00A to the xbee. refer to the datasheet of xbee for the correct connections.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby davidtsj » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:05 am

Thx guys for ur precious help..does the datasheet if the xbee shows its conenctcion with UC00A?thx in advance
davidtsj
Novice

Postby shahrul » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:56 am

davidtsj WROTE:Thx guys for ur precious help..does the datasheet if the xbee shows its conenctcion with UC00A?thx in advance

No. Xbee just tell connection UART, never tell about UC00A. The Xbee and UC00A, 2 product from different company, do you think other company will mention about other company product in their datasheet?
shahrul
Professional

Postby ABSF » Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:59 am

davidtsj WROTE:Thx guys for ur precious help..does the datasheet if the xbee shows its conenctcion with UC00A?thx in advance

The UC00A manual has an example of connecting the UC00A to the SKPS (PS2 joystick using PIC). The connection is simple. Just 3 wires:

SKPS------------UC00A
TX----------------RX
RX----------------TX
GND--------------GND

Since UC00A is powered by the USB, it is +5V. The XBee is using 3.3V so a 3.3V regulator is needed between +5V and XBee's Vcc pin. I have never used an XBee before, but it seems you never have the time to read the cytron manual as well. Actually what you need to know are all there in the XBee OEM manual and UC00A manual.

Goto Cytron and look for:
UC00A Users Manual.pdf
manual_xb_oemrfmodules_802.15.4.pdf

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby ober » Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:10 pm

Shahrul is right, UC00A is a product, XBee is another product. XBee manual will not show the connection to UC00A. Anyway have you tried? I think most of forumers did give suggestion on the connection, the basic connection is Tx, Rx and Gnd. Of course you will need to get the 3.3V voltage too, and not to forget the 3.3V level shifter or interface of XBee module.

As for UART, it is quite a basic method for electronic device to communicate. You may search ROBOT. Head to Toe magazine, maybe Vol.2 or 3, there is an article about UART. Might be helpful.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby davidtsj » Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:52 pm

DEar guys,
THx for ur help...anyways actaully what is the use of setting baud rate,pan id and etc in x-ctu got to do with programming...thxin advance
davidtsj
Novice

Next

Return to Wireless Device