PT2262 & PT2272 for parallel transmission

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

PT2262 & PT2272 for parallel transmission

Postby sushil » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:26 pm

hi,
i recently bought the pt2262 and pt2272m4 module. while testing i guess i blew both the ICs. i believe so because in the receiver section, without the transmitter part on, VT goes high with all the data pins high. i tried changing the address pins connection to high and low also. but it still didnt change. so i think i burnt the IC before succesful testing.
as for the transmitter part, the /TE pin and the Vss pin is short circuited somehow.

my main objective of the testing was to check if i can use these module for the parallel transmission. so that i can create multiple commands at the receiver side.
from the datasheet of HT12E/HT12D, i found that they can b used for parallel transmission but the problem is its having the latch feature. which is not what i need.

PT2272 M4 has the momentary feature but i would like to have it in parallel version.

does anyone have any idea abt it?
sushil
Fledgling

Re: PT2262 & PT2272 for parallel transmission

Postby kl84 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:15 pm

sushil WROTE:my main objective of the testing was to check if i can use these module for the parallel transmission. so that i can create multiple commands at the receiver side.

Your parallel transmission means transmitting data in serial? So that you can use mcu or pc to encode/decode the data? Why not straight away use the RF module without encode/decode chips? You can do the addressing in your program. For example the first byte transmitted is the address. So when the receiver receives the data, it will test the first byte first to match the address.
kl84
Amateur

Return to Wireless Device