ZigBee Wireless Technology

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

ZigBee Wireless Technology

Postby okAnO » Thu Aug 11, 2011 6:35 pm

Presently, I am working on a project relates to ZigBee wireless technology, developing an ultrasonic sensor system to protect the device from collision by implementing suitable ultrasonic sensors and design a sensor system to explore the surroundings of the device, detect the movement of the device and the distance of the obstacles to the device, give warning signal if there is an obstacle and send a signal to the main controller to prevent the collision from occuring.

Appreciate it if anyone could guide me on this please.
okAnO
Freshie

Re: ZigBee Wireless Technology

Postby robosang » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:11 pm

okAnO WROTE:Presently, I am working on a project relates to ZigBee wireless technology, developing an ultrasonic sensor system to protect the device from collision by implementing suitable ultrasonic sensors and design a sensor system to explore the surroundings of the device, detect the movement of the device and the distance of the obstacles to the device, give warning signal if there is an obstacle and send a signal to the main controller to prevent the collision from occuring.

Appreciate it if anyone could guide me on this please.

So you want to develop ultrasonic sensor or ZigBee?
robosang
Expert

Postby okAnO » Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:46 pm

I am developing ZigBee with ultrasonic sensors. As the device will have three sensors and ZigBee modules, and I need to form a network to communicate with the main controller.
okAnO
Freshie

Postby robosang » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:18 pm

Oh.... cannot help you much on the Point to Multipoint networking, din try that before. But there are several methods for that. You can try switch the address of XBee on sensor and request information one by one from the controller. should be easier in this way. :D
robosang
Expert

Postby okAnO » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:25 pm

Anyone can help please~
okAnO
Freshie

Postby hyng » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:16 pm

Erm.. what help do you need?
Dont forget to go through new tutorial on XBee..
http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/07/30/xbeexbee-pro-wireless-communicate-with-microcontroller/
hyng

Postby okAnO » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:07 pm

Anyone can help me in programming the ZigBee please~?
okAnO
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:26 pm

hi,

i think u do not need to program zigbee. u will need to program your microprocessor /controller for the communication between the zigbee and the controller.
anyway, pls refer to the usermanual and datasheet of the product for an overview.
your question on how to program is too general to be answered.

regards,
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby shahrul » Thu Oct 13, 2011 5:56 pm

This is not much at program ZigBee/XBee. All the XBee just set at same network.
Then, you want communicate 3 sensors with 1 main point. This is only programming on UART.

You can program like a master and slave unit with some protocol. I know how this is operate after I know the Modbus Protocol that used in PLC. Now, I modified Modbus Protocol to do my own communication for sensor network using XBee. :D
shahrul
Professional

Postby okAnO » Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:07 pm

Hi,

Is there any guide to program the UART? Due to the short timeframe, my supervisor advice me to exclude microcontroller but to use the PC to simulate the result, eg, sending/receiving the responses, receiving the obstacles distance...
okAnO
Freshie

Next

Return to Wireless Device