GSM Modem

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

GSM Modem

Postby low5545 » Mon Jan 16, 2012 9:21 pm

What is the typical carrier for the GSM Modem? Is the GSM Modem from Cytron working good?
low5545
Discoverer

Re: GSM Modem

Postby shahrul » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:25 pm

low5545 WROTE:What is the typical carrier for the GSM Modem? Is the GSM Modem from Cytron working good?

What is mean typical carrier? I have use GSM Modem from Cytron before and it's working good.
shahrul
Professional

Postby ABSF » Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:11 pm

low5545 WROTE:What is the typical carrier for the GSM Modem? Is the GSM Modem from Cytron working good?

Though I've never used this GSM modem before, I think it should be a dual carriers modem capable of using Celcom, Digi and Maxis SIM cards.

The operating frequency / carrier for the 3 telecom companies are
CELCOM - GSM900/GSM1800
Digi GSM 1800
Maxis GSM 900

Just like your handphones, you should be able to use all the 3 companies sim cards if you just buy one type of phone. Correct me if I am wrong. Celcom is upgrading to GSM1800 to cater for wider bandwidth. Read the following sites:

List of GSM cell phone frequencies in use by country
http://allworldcellphones.com/gsm-frequencies-list.htm

Celcom - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Celcom

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby robosang » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:58 am

Yup, not really sure what do you mean by carrier.... the frequency? I think is like what Allen said, it depends on your SIM card and service provider.

Recently I receive SMS notification from Cytron once my order from them is processed. I heard they are using the GSM modem that they sell to send the SMS, great feature! :mrgreen: Like it!
robosang
Expert

Postby shahrul » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:07 am

robosang WROTE:Recently I receive SMS notification from Cytron once my order from them is processed. I heard they are using the GSM modem that they sell to send the SMS, great feature! :mrgreen: Like it!

That features automatically or manual? Maybe manual because need a human to approved order. We can connect GSM to VB and then sending SMS from VB. GSM Modem also have with USB version (not RS232).
shahrul
Professional

Return to Wireless Device