transmit data from SKCCA-21

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

transmit data from SKCCA-21

Postby jieeun » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:10 pm

hye guys, i hvae problem here. hope those of you can help me.

my project to transmit data to laptop using bluetooth. im using skcca-21 Bluetooth module.
already constructed the circuit, the programming succeed when the result are shown on the lcd.
the problem is the data cannot transfer to the laptop. the kc-tx, kc-rx, ground n 5V connected without fail.
the laptop can detect the kc-21. but nothing appear on the hyperterminal.
i blur where should i check n resolve it. how to know where is the problem and how can i solve the problem.?
hopefully those here can help me. :|
please.... :roll:
jieeun
Freshie

Re: transmit data from SKCCA-21

Postby shahrul » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:47 pm

The way to troubleshoot that, you try transmit wired from microcontroller to PC.
Then, after this succesfull you try again with Bluetooth. If still can't, the is a problem on hardware or maybe bluetooth connecting (I never use bluetooth, I don't know what possibility).
shahrul
Professional

Postby jieeun » Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:02 pm

mr shahrul,
i already done it before. that no problem with it. the data transfered, receive by the pc that shown on the hyperterminal.
the prob is the data not receive via bluetooth. i really dunno where shud i correct it. i dont know which part that i miss.
jieeun
Freshie

Postby ober » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm

I think it will be good if you can capture a photo of whole setup. From one end to another end. From your microcontroller to computer.

My suggestion is to connect SKKCA-21 to a computer, establish Bluetooth link with another computer with Bluetooth dongle and start playing with it. This setup is being illustrated in SKKCA-21 User's manual, try to look at section 6.2 Computer.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby jieeun » Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:09 pm

mR oBER,

i do as wat u suggest. connect skkca-21 with other laptop and connect it wirelessly with another laptop. i attach here the pix for the result.

is it true if i type 'A' from laptop that cnnect via bluetooth, the letter 'A' will appear on the hyperterminal at laptop that cnnect with SKCCA-21 VIA USB?? Is it means the wireless connection are work properly??
Attachments
KC1.jpg
the connection via bluetooth.
KC2.jpg
hyerterminal for connection between skkca-21 and laptop.
jieeun
Freshie

Postby robosang » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:57 pm

I use SKKC-21 before, seem to be easy to use. I even use my friend smart phone (android) to create connection :) Need to have COM port profile.

It seem to be working fine, at least from computer to computer.

I would agreed with ober, try to capture a photo of the hardware setup. Connection of SKKC-21 to microcontroller, did you cross connect the UART?

Another possible reason is program :)
robosang
Expert

Postby jieeun » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:56 pm

guys...
thx for your advice. success already for the tranmission.

one more, is it ok if im uSE USART? before this i use UART n succeed.

:)
jieeun
Freshie

Postby diresh » Sun Apr 08, 2012 9:02 pm

hello.. i had difficulty to install the skkca-21 bluetooth device. in my device manager, got 1 section is other device, under it is bluetooth peripheral device. is that i cant use because of it? arduino is transmitting the data. but bluetooth is not transmitting. when i tried to update the driver in the device manager, it doesn't update. Y? Urgently need help. and wen i try wireless to connect from other computer to my computer. wen i pair that kc. they given port 7(incoming) and port 9(outgoing). The other computer which connected with kc cant even start the Bluetooth. Why is this happening?
diresh

Postby robosang » Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:24 pm

diresh WROTE:hello.. i had difficulty to install the skkca-21 bluetooth device. in my device manager, got 1 section is other device, under it is bluetooth peripheral device. is that i cant use because of it? arduino is transmitting the data. but bluetooth is not transmitting. when i tried to update the driver in the device manager, it doesn't update. Y? Urgently need help. and wen i try wireless to connect from other computer to my computer. wen i pair that kc. they given port 7(incoming) and port 9(outgoing). The other computer which connected with kc cant even start the Bluetooth. Why is this happening?

I think you misunderstand the connection from SKKCA to computer. It is not Bluetooth connection, it is USB to serial connection. The computer communicate with SKKCA via Serial PORT, COM X, sending command to SKKCA :) You din refer to the User's Manual? I think Cytron explained it quite detail.
robosang
Expert

Return to Wireless Device