data to be send via xbee

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

data to be send via xbee

Postby fydo12 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:11 pm

i want to da a project to send me data daily or perhaps hourly..the data is in form of pulse..the pulse received might need to be configure first before send to xbee receiver..

Could someone suggest me what to buy to do this project? :D
fydo12
Greenhorn

Re: data to be send via xbee

Postby sich » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:33 am

Since you mentioned XBee, so you need one pair of that to establish the wireless communication. Then you will need two microcontroller boards, one for each XBee. It can be SK40C from Cytron or Arduino Uno...
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby yonghui » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 pm

since you are going to use xbee and there will be microcontroller. u can send data instead of pulses.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby shahrul » Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:08 pm

You can't sending the pulse but can send no of pulse counting by microcontroller.
shahrul
Professional

Postby fydo12 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 pm

sich WROTE:Since you mentioned XBee, so you need one pair of that to establish the wireless communication. Then you will need two microcontroller boards, one for each XBee. It can be SK40C from Cytron or Arduino Uno...

can i just use one micro controller instead? or i must use two for it to work?since i am first time using it, i'm afraid of buying extra parts..for the microcontroller, what is the difference between arduino uno and Arduino-XBee Shield? is it microcontroller design for the use of xbee only? thank you in advance for rplyg :D
fydo12
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:40 pm

XBee can be configure as standalone transceiver, but as far as I know, the input are digital and analog only. Of course if the pulses are slow enough, you should be able to do it by configuring transmitter Xbee to be standalone and connect a microcontroller to receiver XBee to process the pulses. Please refer to the documentation from PR20. It shows how to configure XBee to be standalone wireless device.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby yonghui » Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:33 pm

maybe u can use skxbee connected to computer. then other side use arduino duemilanove with xbee shield.
hourly arduino duemi commands the xbeeshield to send data to the computer teminal.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to Wireless Device