RF 315 MHz Transmitter circuit with PC

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

RF 315 MHz Transmitter circuit with PC

Postby zul510 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:14 am

I need help with a transmitter circuit for a project and im not that smart in circuit designing.

I want to replace the 4 buttons which is use transmit in the transmitter,with just a wire from Printer cable(parallel port) to activate the transmitter(by sending High(5v)). is it possible?

and the receiver is connected to a PIC and the PIC is on stand by waiting for signal to activate for example LED.

This project doesnt need ac voltage right?
zul510

Re: RF 315 MHz Transmitter circuit with PC

Postby shahrul » Thu Nov 22, 2012 7:59 am

RF Transmitter and Receiver no need circuit. You can directly connect to PIC using UART. Then, other pin you can connect to whatever signal, also read printer cable. But I never testing with printer cable, I don't know what the signal represented.
Ex Low Cost RF Module and RF Remote.
shahrul
Professional

Postby zul510 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:03 pm

printer cable, act as a switch by using 1 pin from it, i can send High(5v) or Low(0).

so youre saying i can activate it by connecting the pin from printer cable(by wire) to the data pin of transmitter and it will transmit to receiver.

and....dont you need to put encoder and decoder IC for RF transmitter and receiver? or we can do without it. The encoder and receiver(IC 2262/IC 2272) is making me confused with this RF module.
zul510

Postby shahrul » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:18 pm

zul510 WROTE:printer cable, act as a switch by using 1 pin from it, i can send High(5v) or Low(0).

so youre saying i can activate it by connecting the pin from printer cable(by wire) to the data pin of transmitter and it will transmit to receiver.

and....dont you need to put encoder and decoder IC for RF transmitter and receiver? or we can do without it. The encoder and receiver(IC 2262/IC 2272) is making me confused with this RF module.

As I said above, I connect this RF module directly to the UART pin. So, no need the encoder and decoder.
shahrul
Professional

Postby sich » Thu Nov 22, 2012 5:47 pm

Looks like you want to use the parallel port which is very rare exist in PC nowadays. If you really need to use parallel port, you should use the encoder and decoder IC. It's more straightforward. PIC will read the digital outputs.

If you want to use UART interface which is more flexible but requires more coding, no encoder and decoder are needed. But you can't use parallel port now. It's serial communication. You need serial port at PC side. If you don't have one, you can use UC00A USB to Serial converter. PIC will read the serial data with UART.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby zul510 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:45 pm

lol :lol: where we come from parallel port is everywhere...well at least at our college they only teach us Parallel port interfacing. unless i can program/code the UART with vb6 by myself, im pretty much stuck with parallel port.

You see my project is:-
1.RFID reader(RS232) reads a card
2. send a signal(High) to pin 2 of parallel port.
3.Pin 2 of parallel port is connected to PIC(e.g PortB,5)
4.(by using BTFSS PORTB,5(MPLAB source code)) the PIC reads if any signal coming.
5.Signal read, THE LED on PORTA,2(BSF PORTA,2).

all using vb6, and mplab for PIC.

Now i want to use RF module so that parallel port wont be directly connected to PIC.
zul510

Postby zul510 » Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:55 pm

Since u said "the parallel port which is very rare exist in PC nowadays."well...i see ur point, i better start to learn other interface.
zul510

Postby zul510 » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:26 am

Sorry let me explain more clearly about my project.

RFID Reader(RFID-IDR-232N) > CPU > PIC(16F877A)

CPU > PIC (uses printer cable to send digital output from CPU)

PIC (PIC receive signal, Turn on LED)

I want to modify my (CPU > PIC connection) with wireless, since parallel/printer cable only has limited length.

My question is can i send digital output with printer cable to [Data pin of RF Transmitter 315MHz] so it can transmit to receiver,

and receiver just send digital output to PIC...?
zul510

Postby sahniana » Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:00 pm

why dont you use serial port instead of parallel?
sahniana
Apprentice

Return to Wireless Device