Wireless signal transmission using RF-RX/RF-RT315

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Wireless signal transmission using RF-RX/RF-RT315

Postby Kyle_SYK » Mon Jun 09, 2014 4:04 pm

Good day.

Currently I am engaging in a projected titled "Wireless automated Taekwondo scoring system" and the proposed system utilizes RF modules for signal transmission. I have a few questions that needs clarification regarding the proposed implementation which I hope can be answered here.

1. Does the receiver chip and the transmitter chip communicate only to each other in a pair or can one receiver chip communicated with multiple transmitter chips?

2. Will the transmitter chip be able to work if I were to connect it to a piezoelectric pad?

The proposed system utilizes piezoelectric pads whereby voltage is generated when a punch/kick is registered. Will the voltage generated by the said impact be enough to power the transmitter? Also, multiple transmitters will be placed into the pads slapped inside the Taekwondo protective gears (trunk, headgear, foot). With that being said, will ONE receiver be sufficient to receive all the signals that are transmitted or do I have to get multiple receivers?

For now, these are my doubts. I hope I can hear some professional advice from y'all here. Please and thank you in advance.
Kyle_SYK
Freshie

Re: Wireless signal transmission using RF-RX/RF-RT315

Postby yonghui » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:27 am

For normal rf u will need to battery power it up. Piezo cant generate stable voltage for the rf

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby Kyle_SYK » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:06 am

yonghui WROTE:For normal rf u will need to battery power it up. Piezo cant generate stable voltage for the rf

Will button cell (batteries used in watches) be sufficient enough to power them? Since I am aiming to keep things as small as possible.
Kyle_SYK
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:18 am

Can, use 2 cr2016 cell or cr2032 cell. Use 2.4ghz rf which running 3.3v http://cytron.com.my/viewProduct.php?pc ... ver%202.4G
Else if u are using low cost rf u will need 2 cell series to get around 6v. Pls turn off the whole circuit and only wake up when ur piezo trigger to save battery life time.

thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby yonghui » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:19 am

Sorry. For 2.4ghz wireless use 1cell.

thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby yonghui » Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:21 am

Another thing is piezo can generate relatively high voltage. U will need to crop it using zener diode

thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby Kyle_SYK » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:03 am

yonghui WROTE:Another thing is piezo can generate relatively high voltage. U will need to crop it using zener diode

Instead of using zener diodes, will voltage comparator be suitable as a replacement instead?
Kyle_SYK
Freshie

Postby yonghui » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:07 am

Which voltage comparator? U will need to check the data sheet to see the max input voltage. How much max voltage ur piezo will generate when punched?

thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby sahniana » Wed Jun 11, 2014 9:27 pm

this is somewhat a simple function to use but in complex situation. i think there are 2 questions here, related to:-
1. power supply for you rx tx circuit.
2. possibility for multiple tx + single rx.

my opinion:-
1. doesnt matter where you want to put the sensor, you can always use cable, and i recommend li-po battery as it is smaller.
2. possible. i made a project before using rf tx/rx 315mhz. but i recommend you to use newest 433mhz rf from cytron as it data tx/rx is more reliable.
sahniana
Apprentice

Return to Wireless Device