RF-UART-434-100M Dead or alive?

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

RF-UART-434-100M Dead or alive?

Postby maybl8r99 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:26 pm

I have a pair of RF-UART-434-100M. Both of them are connected to the UC00A UART-USB device. I tested by opening two Serial terminal session and monitored the data transmission.

The test was patchy and eventually failed (e.g. data was being received and then only some data and finally no data was being received)

I tested the UC00A UART-USB directly and they both worked well (e.g. data was being received and sent correctly).

Suspicion is that ONE of the RF-UART-434-100M unit is not working. I've ordered another unit yesterday to see if I can find out which unit is the faulty one. I'm wondering if there is a way that I can check to see if which unit is the faulty unit - either using a multi-meter or some tools.

Having to have to do a test using trial and error takes a lot more effort than I can afford.... (Sudah tua).

Regards
RW
maybl8r99
Fledgling

Re: RF-UART-434-100M Dead or alive?

Postby ober » Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:18 pm

If you want to test it using wireless transmission, you will need two working transceiver to do that, also the settings (baud rate, wiring, etc) must be correct.

Easiest way to do make use of AT command. Check the User's Manual to test it.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby muhzd » Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:17 am

Dear Cytron technical

Does this mean that when AT commands are entered, the reply acknowledgment notification will be sent via wireless to the other transceiver receiver unit?

thanks.
muhzd
Freshie

Postby Idris » Fri Jan 16, 2015 4:34 pm

Hi muhzd,

muhzd WROTE:Does this mean that when AT commands are entered, the reply acknowledgment notification will be sent via wireless to the other transceiver receiver unit?

What I know, when you enter the AT mode, there will no any wireless data out from the module. You need to set it back to Tran mode.

Thanks.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby muhzd » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:31 am

Thanks Mr Idris for the reply..

You meant I'm supposed to be able to read the acknowledgments through my controller's receiving side of the UART.

Thanks again.
muhzd
Freshie

Postby ober » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:26 am

The simplest way to test the RF module is to used computer as computer has program such as HyperTerminal or Arduino Serial monitor to send data to the module and display the data received from the module.

Of course you can use Arduino to do that, but you need to develop sketch to send and receive the response, and also to display it.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby muhzd » Sat Jan 24, 2015 12:12 am

I got it covered!
muhzd
Freshie

Return to Wireless Device