Can Xbee shield and explorer usb used on bluetooth bluebee?

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Can Xbee shield and explorer usb used on bluetooth bluebee?

Postby tanminggui » Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:54 pm

I am new to Bluetooth Bluebee and wish to get some advice from support team.

I had recently purchased Bluetooth Bluebee from Cytron but I do not have the SKXBEE-BOARD or UC00B board to connect with the computer.
What I have now are XBee Explorer USB and XBee Shield.

I am wondering can XBee Explorer USB and XBee Shield do the same thing as SKXBEE-BOARD or UC00B board does? I am running out of research money to purchase SKXBEE-BOARD or UC00B board and XBee Explorer USB and XBee Shield are all I left .

Thank you.
tanminggui

Re: Can Xbee shield and explorer usb used on bluetooth blueb

Postby ober » Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:25 pm

We do not carry XBee explorer but we do carry Xbee shield. BTW, there are many type of XBee shield.

Getting back to the topic, it should be not problem to utilize the XBee explorer of Xbee shield with BlueBee. As the BlueBee has the same footprint with XBee, and of course the power and UARTs pin are the same as XBee's. So just go ahead.

Do share with us the result.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby tanminggui » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:50 am

THANKS...

It works just fine...

Now I have another issue...

If I have 3 bluetooth bluebee module connected on arduino board and wish to communicate with computer simultaneously, how should I do that?
tanminggui

Postby ober » Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:56 am

That is unique :) Why you need 3 simultaneous communication?

I do not think the Bluetooth on computer can offer 3 simultaneous Bluetooth link. Nonetheless, it is good to try it.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby tanminggui » Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:07 pm

I am building wearable sensors to detect gait parameters and I need 3 arduino uno boards on left and right legs and waist to accommodate all the sensors. When walking I need to send the signal to my pc simultaneously so I need my pc to communicate with these 3 arduino uno boards at the same time. If bluetooth is not able to communicate with pc simultaneously, can XBee do that?
tanminggui

Postby ober » Fri Aug 01, 2014 8:38 am

There are a few features that you need to understand in order to utilize multipoint communication:
1. Bluetooth do support star topology, which is 1 master to multiple slave connection. But this topology depends a lot on the master device, as slave will only wait for connection. We do not know whether the Bluetooth on your computer support that and if it supports, will the BlueBee support it? This you have to verify.
2. Though is multipoint connection, but will it be multipoint communication simultaneously? Let's say, 3 BlueBees are connected to your computer Bluetooth (I am not sure whether it can be done), BlueBee 1 send data to computer, and BlueBee 2 send data at the same time. Assuming the master Bluetooth handle the traffic and send to computer application, but how can your application (say the hyperterminal) know which message is from which BlueBee? This is different from WiFi communication which uses TCP/IP which utilize IP address, socket and port to separate the message from different devices.

We did carry a model of Bluetooth module that supports multipoint connection a few years ago, but it is obsolete because not too many uses it. Most of Bluetooth application is point to point communication such as mouse, keyboard, headset, remote, etc.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby tanminggui » Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:29 am

Thank you so much for the clarification.

In that case I will be needing to use Xbee as the wireless system. I used 2 Xbee as end devices before and they can send data simultaneously to my PC.
However, the range of connectivity can only up to around 4 meter. After 4 meter, they started sending rubbish to my PC. Not sure why. I guess I need to continue to do some research about that.

Thanks again.
tanminggui

Return to Wireless Device