Helped needed on RF-UART-433MHz-1km-RF-Transceiver....

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Re: Helped needed on RF-UART-433MHz-1km-RF-Transceiver....

Postby robertsoon » Wed Nov 26, 2014 12:28 am

I have gotten the warranty part. Still encounter little problem on the communication.

The new RF module were responding fine to AT command until it respond like this. Do you know what happen to it? I can't make it to respond OK instead. Does this indicate that I overwrite the firmware? Restart the PC, disconnect and reconnect the RF module shows the same result.
DIDNT PROMPT OK AFTER AT.png
DIDNT PROMPT OK AFTER AT.png (16.26 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

Both RF module respond incompletely, Module #1 respond with additional weird character along while for Module #2 some characters are missing. If you look at the picture, I tried the all Capital letters on keyboard following by small letter and then lastly the single digit integers.

Module #1
certain character only.png

Module #2
fewer character.png
fewer character.png (38.89 KiB) Viewed 3541 times

FYI, I have used the same setting for both modules.
robertsoon

Postby yonghui » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:24 am

seems like baudrate problem??

can u try second method of entering AT command.

Disconnect power supply, connect SET pin to low level (GND or 0V) then power it again. 1s later the module will enter command mode.

means power off the arduino and RF, connect the SET directly to GND at arduino left upper side header. then power it on again by plugging the USB, then test the AT command again.

the user manual mention the second method will user baud rate 9600. but I didnt see the baud rate for method one is mentioned
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robertsoon » Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:43 pm

Not only the baudrate, data bits, parity check and stop bit must be equal between the Tx and Rx module. The same setting must applies to the PC that connected to the Arduino as well. It working awesomely sane now. Appreciate your continuous excellent support. Till then! :D :D :D
robertsoon

Postby ober » Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:12 am

robertsoon WROTE:Not only the baudrate, data bits, parity check and stop bit must be equal between the Tx and Rx module. The same setting must applies to the PC that connected to the Arduino as well. It working awesomely sane now. Appreciate your continuous excellent support. Till then! :D :D :D

robertsoon,

Good to hear that. Thanks for sharing the findings too.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby robertsoon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:56 am

The POB antenna pedestal as I highlighted in the picture. What does the POB means? Can't find an equivalent name to it. Could you provide the connector part number and model because I want to find the female connector to connect to this pin, which is from the Antenna. Do you know what type of female that suit this POB antenna pedestal? Currently, I know that SMA or SMB(SubMiniature type A and B) would be suitable but don't have exact idea.
Attachments
transceiver.jpg
robertsoon

Postby yonghui » Sun Dec 14, 2014 11:54 pm

i dont know about the attenna connector, but it looks similar to the wifi module attenna connector inside the laptop.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby ober » Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:17 am

Check out IPEX type of connector.

Wiki:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirose_U.FL
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Previous

Return to Wireless Device