Helped needed on RF-UART-433MHz-1km-RF-Transceiver....

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Helped needed on RF-UART-433MHz-1km-RF-Transceiver....

Postby robertsoon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 12:57 am

I am doing the same like what bskhoo did, transmitter side are Arduino UNO and Trasceiver 433MHz 1km while the other end are receiver side with Arduino UNO and Trasceiver 433MHz 1km. The receiver side is connected to a PC. What you have provided in the tutorial teaches similarly at transmitter side while the receiver side you are using UART-USB converter. Which I understand no script is required. Do correct me if I am wrong. How should I write the script for the receiver side, for the transceiver to receive data and output into serial monitor on PC.

However, at the transmitter side. I do not get what the input should be. Because both side I connected to individual PC. Can the SoftwareSerial.mySerial.print() output instantaneous data on the serial monitor like Serial.print()? As I cant view anything.

Apart from this, if I would like to test both the RF transceiver module alone without the arduinos, can I still transmit HI from transmitter's RX pin and expect to receive HI also at receiver's TX pin? Instead of serial data? I have tried, didnt see anything changed.

Meanwhile, if I supply 5V and 0V to Vcc and GND, I will get RX=3.2V, Tx=3.2V and SET also =3.2V at the same transceiver module. Meanwhile the other module I get Tx=5V whereas the rest remain the same. Is this normal? Or it is spoilt? :? :? :?
robertsoon

Re: Helped needed on RF-UART-433MHz-1km-RF-Transceiver....

Postby yonghui » Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:25 am

hello,
these RF module is for UART communication. i guess to wont be able to set HIGH on TX side then get HIGH on receiver side. U know that for UART communication CONTINOUS HIGH means no data. in UART comunication start with and LOW for a time length of the baud rate then the 8 bits data then ended by STOP bit of HIGH.
u will need terminal software to test the module, for example Realterm, XCTU from DIGI.

I hope u can upload a few clear photos of your HW setup, or else people can't see whether you are connecting the module correctly.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robertsoon » Mon Nov 17, 2014 6:02 pm

Thank you Yong Hui for you respond. Here I have attached the connection. I have the receiver side and transmitter side. I have already disconnected the hardware, this is my hand drawing as how I connected it to each other. Transmitter side, I have upload the script(by excluding the temperature sensor portion since I just want it to send a simple data) as shown in this tutorial http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2014/05/15/wireless-uart-with-arduino-and-433mhz-or-434mhz-module/ While transmitting, can I actually view what its transmit in Serial Monitor in another PC? Could you share the proper script to do so?

While at the receiver side, I have tried several command with SoftwareSerial.print or write in order to show the data in serial monitor. Because the one shown in the tutorial is using the UART-USB to retrieve the data, could you show me as well how to do this with Arduino UNO?

If I am not mistaken, you said these transceiver can be tested with software from Realterm and XCTU from DIGI. Do I need any component in between the transceiver and PC? like Arduino UNO or something? :) :) :)
Attachments
cytron.jpg
Connection
robertsoon

Postby yonghui » Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:52 pm

hi,

from Arduino #2 declare class object of software serial, then send out testing character continously for example

SoftwareSerial mySerial(2, 3); // RX, TX

void setup()
{
mySerial.begin(9600);
}

void loop() // run over and over
{
mySerial.write('A');
}

at receiver side read the data receive from software serial and print it to arduino terminal with hardware serial to see it on arduino IDE's terminal. for example

void setup()
{
Serial.begin(9600);
mySerial.begin(9600);
}

{
if (mySerial.available())
Serial.write(mySerial.read());
}

load the program to both arduino board respectively.
for receiver side, after finish loading the program, click the magnifying glass symbol on the right side of the arduino IDE to open the serial monitor to see the received characters. make sure the baudrate setting is correct at 9600bps.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robertsoon » Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:44 am

Thanks for the prompt response. Followed as you said, still no result :? :? Attached are the photos.

How should I test the RF transceiver functionality with XCTU or Realterm? Need any intermediate device?
Attachments
rx.jpg
rx-.jpg
tx.jpg
tx-.jpg
robertsoon

Postby robertsoon » Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:31 am

Could you teach on how to set the RF device to AT command mode? Using what to send this? UNO as the intermediate device between PC and transceiver? What is the device that mentioned here? Send the command via Arduino sketch? I know send for example AT+FU3 will set it to FU3 mode.
robertsoon

Postby yonghui » Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:58 pm

according to the user manual
In normal use (powered), pull SET pin to low level (pull down to GND or 0V)

meanings that when is normal transparent transmitting mode, the SET pin can be left open or HIGH, when u wan to send AT command pull the SET pin to LOW

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

#define SET 4

void setup()
{

pinMode(SET, OUTPUT);

mySerial.begin(9600);
}

{

delay(200);

digitalWrite(SET,LOW) //entering AT Command mode

delay(200);

while(1)
{

if (mySerial.available())
Serial.write(mySerial.read());
if (Serial.available())
mySerial.write(Serial.read());

}

}

from terminal u type AT commands to the module
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robertsoon » Thu Nov 20, 2014 11:39 am

Exactly. If one of the transceiver is not responding to anything while another one is able to respond. Highly can say the one not responding is malfunction, right? Thanks for the input, no wonder no communication all the while.
robertsoon

Postby yonghui » Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:38 pm

Hi, try with different baudrate, refer to the user manual for the available baudrate. if there is still no response at all then u can send an email to cytron support to claim for warranty
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robertsoon » Fri Nov 21, 2014 9:12 am

Alright, thanks!
robertsoon

Next

Return to Wireless Device