xctu cannot define rfbee

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

xctu cannot define rfbee

Postby haiz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 1:55 pm

Please help me.

I have bought rfbee 433mhz and when i connect with xctu, it cannot define the firmware version and modem type.
The problem is at the terminal when i enter the 'Terminal' tab to enter the AT Command Mode. I send the 3-character command sequence '+++' and the RFBEE module should response 'OK' but its turn out to be ERROR when i enter the single characters '+'.

Another question is at the arduino, when i enter the serial monitor and send AT+RX, it response with
OK+B9600
OK+RC001
OK+RP:-01dBm
OK+ FU3

Why its response with -01dBm, it should come up with +20dBm isnt it? How can i change it to 20dBm?
haiz
Greenhorn

Re: xctu cannot define rfbee

Postby ober » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:06 pm

Have you refer to the User's Manual?
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby haiz » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:47 pm

i have refer to it. thanks.

but i want to know how can i check the connection between two rfbee? if i use the xbee, it can show using xctu at terminal tab.
i want to check if i sent "A" at com3, the output at com4 should be "A". Can i check using arduino using 1 computer? kind of noob here.
haiz
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:39 pm

RFBee is not XBee series, we design RFbee from 433MHz RF (UART) Transceiver Module-1km, making it XBee form factory, so user can utilize SKXBee or Xbee compatible shield. It is not fully recognized in X-CTU.

X-CTU is software from Digi International, which designed to support XBee series of product, such as XBee series 1, series 2, XBee-Wifi, etc.

Many other product utilize the XBee form factor, such as BlueBee, and in this case the RFBee.

You can use HyperTerminal or Arduino Serial monitor to send or receive data, or other terminal program, PUtty, RealTerm, TeraTerm.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Wireless Device