Need help for Bluebee module

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Re: Need help for Bluebee module

Postby hiphop9686 » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:48 pm

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Yeah , I able to get the RSSI value when I entered AT command.

So, there is no other way to get RSSI value from between BlueBee and smartphone devices other than using AT command?
Because I was doing a project that need to get RSSI value periodically between Bluetooth and smart devices.
hiphop9686
Apprentice

Postby bengchet » Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:41 pm

Hi,

Yes, it is not possible to use BlueBee 4.0 to get RSSI value from other devices which don't have the same Bluetooth module as BlueBee 4.0. Originally BlueBee 4.0 is designed to be able to obtain RSSI value when connected to another device which has similar bluetooth module with BlueBee 4.0.

However, just give you a general idea you can produce phone Apps that when BlueBee4.0 is sending specific command to the phone periodically, the phone will get RSSI values by sending AT command to the module. I suggest that you can visit Apps Inventor 2 website to develop simple Bluetooth smartphone Application. It uses graphical programming so you might be getting in hand of this in no time!

FYI, we are not familiar with developing phone Apps using Apps inventor 2 so if you are interested you have to explore on your own. Have fun learning! :D
bengchet

Postby hiphop9686 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:57 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your reply previously. 1 more question, am I able to send AT command and get response from BlueBee using Arduino coding?

For example, Serial.print("AT");

Normally, I will receive "OK" in the serial monitor when I type AT at the connected device or serial monitor. However, it does not show the output if i using Arduino coding.

Is it possible to send AT command using Arduino coding and receive output?
hiphop9686
Apprentice

Postby Apis210 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 1:49 pm

Hi, yes you can. :ugeek:
Apis210
Apprentice

Postby hiphop9686 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 2:35 pm

But the problem is I did not receive any output when I connected to BlueBee module using my smartphone.
hiphop9686
Apprentice

Postby Apis210 » Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:00 pm

then you need to check your coding.
Can compile does not mean your coding is working. :ugeek:
Apis210
Apprentice

Postby bengchet » Wed Dec 09, 2015 11:11 pm

Hi,

Yes you will not receive any output if you send AT command. You can only send normal data from Arduino to smartphone when Arduino and smartphone are connected.

You should be clear on how AT command works on BlueBee 4.0

Not connected to any devices -> Arduino send AT command to BlueBee 4.0, BlueBee 4.0 replies as these commands are its own language.
when connected -> Arduino send AT command to the connected device a.k.a smartphone via BlueBee 4.0 (bluetooth), if smartphone doesn't have built-in bluetooth similar to BlueBee 4.0, of course smartphone won't reply as it treats it as alien language. However it still treats it like normal data. So if Arduino sends "AT", smartphone will accept it as "AT" on the screen.

Check your coding if you can't receive anything on smartphone even when Arduino sends something via BlueBee 4.0 to it when they are connected.
bengchet

Postby hiphop9686 » Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:35 am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

Now I understood why I unable to receive any output from from BlueBee.
hiphop9686
Apprentice

Postby hiphop9686 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:04 pm

May i ask , is there any instructions to connect bluebee 4.0 to bluebee 4.0?

Most of the the APIs of the Bluebee library works only if bluebee 4.0 is connected to bluebee 4.0 or similiar to bluebee 4.0 module?

And what the bluebee 4.0 module? HM12 ?
hiphop9686
Apprentice

Postby bengchet » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Hi,

To connect 2 BlueBee 4.0, one of them must be master and another is the slave.

The trick part is to initiate master connection to slave. If master module is connected to other devices before wirelessly such as phone etc, you will need to clear previous connected device address for the module. If the master module has cleared previous connected device, it will automatically search for nearby BlueBee or compatible BLE device to connect. Once it has connected to one device, that particular device will be remembered, and next time if master module powers up and that particular device is powered up too, they will be connected instantly.

Steps:
1. Have 2 BlueBee 4.0 ready. Both are powered up. BlueBee A - slave, BlueBee B - master
2. Set BlueBee A to slave modeand make sure it is powered up and near to the another BlueBee B.
3. Make sure BlueBee B is in slave mode. Set BlueBee B to clear previous device address.
4. Set BlueBee B to master mode.
5. Reset both BlueBee.

*Besides using APIs, enter AT command directly using serial monitor will become handy in this case.
AT+ROLB0 - set to slave mode
AT+ROLB1 - set to master mode
AT+CLEAB - clear previous device address

You can refer to user manual for instructions to configure BlueBee 4.0 using AT commands.

Yes most of APIs are for configuration of BlueBee 4.0. When 2 BlueBee 4.0 are connected, APIs such as read, print, available, still can be used to transfer and receive data between them. DigitalWrite and digitalRead I/O can also be used to control and monitor I/Os of connected BlueBee 4.0.

Yes, BlueBee 4.0 module is HM12 BlueTooth module.
bengchet

PreviousNext

Return to Wireless Device