ESP8266 Wifi Module Library Setup AP Setting

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

ESP8266 Wifi Module Library Setup AP Setting

Postby mig27 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:00 pm

i try to enable runtime setup for softAP for ESP8266 Wifi Module. I always get error return on
sendCommand(ESP8266_AP_CONFIG,ESP8266_CMD_SETUP,"\"abcdefgh\"","\"abcdefghjkl\"",1,3");
By using the AT command, i was able to set the AP setting, just it is always fail when i try to use it with SimpleWebServerWifi example.

Any idea of the problem?

Thank you.
mig27
Greenhorn

Re: ESP8266 Wifi Module Library Setup AP Setting

Postby bengchet » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:22 am

Hi,

I guess you have modified the library a little bit ;)

For your information, the provided examples are only for station mode for ESPWiFi shield. Therefore by default, the shield is set to station mode, which allows only connection to other access points.

The library is still under development. However we have added softAP configuration into library and also example sketch of using softAP. You can download the latest library and try it.

Next time if you do want to enter some customised AT command in which this library doesn't support, you can just use print() function. For example,

wifi.println(your AT command); // enter your desired AT command
delay(100); //give some delay for full response
while(wifi.available()) {
Serial.write(wifi.read()); // show response on Serial monitor
}

You can try it out. Feel free to test and give us feedback and suggestions on library provided so we can make improvements.
Hope it helps! :D
bengchet

Postby mig27 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:54 pm

Thanks bengchet for the fast response, now the example works properly. :D
mig27
Greenhorn

Postby jim0 » Sun Mar 06, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi Cytron,

Tried using your Cytron Wifi Shield example and library file but not sure why am getting this error.
Also got an error "Error talking to shield". Am using Cytron Uno with this, kindly advise thanks.

Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\bluetooth_echo: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\bluetooth_echo
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Bluetooth_LED: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Bluetooth_LED
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\lcd_keypad_shield_test-ME: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\lcd_keypad_shield_test-ME
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MAX7219_8_digit_7_segment_LED_display_module_test-ME: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MAX7219_8_digit_7_segment_LED_display_module_test-ME
Invalid library found in C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiDemoJ120216: C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiDemoJ120216
Invalid library found in C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiServerJ120216: C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiServerJ120216
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\bluetooth_echo: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\bluetooth_echo
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Bluetooth_LED: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\Bluetooth_LED
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\lcd_keypad_shield_test-ME: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\lcd_keypad_shield_test-ME
Invalid library found in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MAX7219_8_digit_7_segment_LED_display_module_test-ME: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\MAX7219_8_digit_7_segment_LED_display_module_test-ME
Invalid library found in C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiDemoJ120216: C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiDemoJ120216
Invalid library found in C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiServerJ120216: C:\Users\jimmybb\Documents\Arduino\libraries\CytronWiFiServerJ120216
jim0
Freshie

Postby bengchet » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:40 am

Hi jim0,

The error 'invalid libraries' can be ignored because it just comes from incorrect format of library.properties file in your library folder, so far it is not a big deal. It only matters if the program can compile successfully. For your case it seems the program had compiled successfully. The error 'Error talking to shield' states that CT-UNO fails to establish serial communication with ESP8266 module. By default, the example uses SoftwareSerial, pin 2 as RX and pin 3 as TX. You might need to check hardware connection of your setup. You can also change the line wifi.begin(RX, TX) according to your needs. For example, if you decided to use pin 8 as RX, and 9 as TX, use wifi.begin(8, 9).

BTW, you can refer to this manual for hookup guide. If the problem still persists, feel free to share your hardware setup, coding and Arduino serial monitor printscreen so we can troubleshoot the problem further. Thanks. :D
bengchet

Return to Wireless Device