KC Wirefree Multipoint Guide

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

KC Wirefree Multipoint Guide

Postby o0m_ziz » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:55 am

plz i need some clarification about the multipoint communication,to be more specific
1st Two AT commands connect and disconnect, were modified:
AT+ZV SppConnect [remote address], AT+ZV SppDisconnect [remote Node Id]
These modifications are the lowercase of (pp)?
Cuz in the point to point serial communication they are uppercase and of course the [remote Node Id] in the disconnect command is also different.

2nd in the example which is provided in the multipoint guide
Device A initiates a connection to device B using the command (AT+ZV SppConnect [address of B]); transmit and receive data according to the protocol in the bypass mode.
And then device A initiates a connection to device C: (from command mode) using the command (AT+ZV SppConnect [address of C]).

here from command mode means, that I use the EscapeSequence command (^#^$^ %) then connect to the other device without disconnecting the remote device ??

If yes; it returns an error (AT-ZV ErrConnect).

If NO. So that I have to disconnect first and then initiate the connection to the other device, in this case there is no difference between the point to point and the multipoint OR I have something missing so plz I need clarification.
o0m_ziz
Freshie

Re: KC Wirefree Multipoint Guide

Postby ober » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 pm

o0m_ziz, 1stly, I need to know whether you are using which firmware. To support multi point connection the master Bluetooth module must be loaded with multipoint firmware.

The Spp is lower case.

Yes, the A node (master) need to come our from bypass mode and initiate the connection with node C. But as I mentioned, A must have the multipoint firmware loaded.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby o0m_ziz » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:47 pm

according to yr reply...How can i check that the multipoint firmware is loaded??...and in case if its not loaded How can i load it??
o0m_ziz
Freshie

Postby diaane » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:46 pm

o0m_ziz, the KC Bluetooth is actually preloaded with its own firmware, depending on its version. Before proceeding further, could you kindly let me know which version of KC are you using? On top of that, if you are really keen on using its multipoint function, we would be most glad to email you the firmware. However, we do not provide support for this application as it is evaluation version.
seeing != believing
"A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives." - Albert Schweitzer
diaane

Postby o0m_ziz » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:36 pm

i have three modules:Kc 21 module V3 ,SKKCA Kc 21 Kit V1.1 and SKKCA KC 11 V 4.
i have tried for both KC 21 and KC11 SKKCA to act as a master for mulipoint.
but i want 2 ask again ..the master device A will initiate the connection with device C from the command mode without disconnecting divice B?? or u have to disconnect???...
o0m_ziz
Freshie

Postby diaane » Fri Aug 21, 2009 4:50 pm

no. you don't have to disconnect it.

Regarding the firmware, I will send it to you ASAP.
seeing != believing
"A man is truly ethical only when he obeys the compulsion to help all life which he is able to assist, and shrinks from injuring anything that lives." - Albert Schweitzer
diaane

Postby o0m_ziz » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:23 am

thankx 4 sending the firmware and ur cooperation,the multipoint communication is working ok,but there is a problem i dont understand ..... The connection is disconnected automaticlly after a certain period of transmitting and revieving , it returns connection Down and i have to reconnect again.plz if u have an idea y the connection is not stable??
o0m_ziz
Freshie

Postby ober » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:05 am

It might be the firmware problem as it is only evaluation version. Anyway, just to make sure, only the master node is being loaded with multipoint firmware, other nodes are normal firmware.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby o0m_ziz » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:19 pm

even the new products have the same problem??,..... u have any solution ? or what do u suggest to establish a network ?. Tq
o0m_ziz
Freshie

Postby ober » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:25 pm

The new KC21 do not support multi-point, as I said earlier, this is evaluation version of multipoint, KC wirefree does not offer upgrade version of multi-point firmware as there are no huge request from public, not even from industry.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Wireless Device