WifiThingSpeak Example Not working - Cytron Wifi Shield Ver2

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

WifiThingSpeak Example Not working - Cytron Wifi Shield Ver2

Postby mrajaraghavan » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:29 pm

I'm facing a issue in reading the data from ThingSpeak using the WiFiThingSpeak Sketch.

I'm very rarely able to read the sensor data when I connect Arduino Uno and Cytron Wifi Shield Rev 2.0

I checked the ThingSpeak library separately using ESP8266 NodeMCU board and example files of the same library, I'm able to read the data smoothly.

But I'm unable to read using Cytron Wifi Shield Library - WiFiThingSpeak example sketch from my public channel in ThingSpeak

I also verified my internet connection during my testing.

Kindly help me in this regard.
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-01-06 at 12.48.14 PM.png
mrajaraghavan
Greenhorn

Re: WifiThingSpeak Example Not working - Cytron Wifi Shield

Postby Idris » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:19 pm

Hi mrajaraghavan,

Could I know which example did you used? So that I can try the same setup as yours.

If you're using ThingSpeak library, you can try examples under ThingSpeak - ESP8266 - AT commands. Then edit the pin numbers and baudrate that refer to your WiFi Shield.

ThingSpeak Arduino Library.jpg

Thanks.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Postby mrajaraghavan » Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:11 pm

Hi Idris,

You may try the below setup, libraries and the example file to check my problem

Hardware Setup: Arduino Uno + Cytron Wifi Shield Rev 2 (Based on ESP -WROOM)
Library: Cytron WifiShield ver 2.0.1 and ThinkSpeak ver 2.01
Example Sketch: "WifiThingSpeak Sketch"

Note: you may uncomment the print statements present in the beginning of "Thingspeak.h" for debugging.

FYI: I found the problem is in the Thingspeak library and I was able to solve this issue when I used the lower version of the Thingspeak Library Ver:1.4.3. However, the problem in the older version is, I'm missing some data while reading from Thingspeak continuously and also some random data pops up which starts with "+IPD...".

As of now, I'm able to receive the data but if you can solve the issue in the latest library as well I would be grateful to you since I dint receive that problem when I tried with "NodeMCU Board" and latest library of "Thingspeak ver 2.0.1"

Thanks
Attachments
Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 10.19.36 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 10.27.34 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-01-11 at 10.20.24 AM.png
mrajaraghavan
Greenhorn

Postby Idris » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:54 pm

Hi mrajaraghavan, glad to hear that you find the solution.

To deep dive the library it will really time consuming. Yes, NodeMCU will do a better job because it is not involve AT commands.

Screenshot 2021-01-14 174022.jpg

*This statement from Adafruit that talk about ESP AT commands.

Anyway, I've try write and read example under AT commands (ThingSpeak - ESP8266 - AT commands). It works but it need few tries before succeed.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Wireless Device