Xbee sleeps?

Bluetooth, XBee, RF......

Xbee sleeps?

Postby decarus » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:50 pm

I've two Xbee.. When both are ON , One with a computer and the other with just a power supply.. The coordinator sends data but the end device could not receive.

The end device receives data only when it is plugged into a computer with the program XCTU.

I believes that the end device is still SLeepingZZzzzzz.. lolZ..but the sleep configuration is on "NO SLEEP" mode.. What could be the problem?
decarus

Re: Xbee sleeps?

Postby sich » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:13 pm

decarus WROTE:I've two Xbee.. When both are ON , One with a computer and the other with just a power supply.. The coordinator sends data but the end device could not receive.

If the end device is connected to power supply only, how do u know it's not working? Did u read the RX pin with your computer or other device? Please explain more on your circuit.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby decarus » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:40 pm

Forgot to say.. both is SKXbee. When on side receives a data.. the yellow led will blink..That's how i know if it receives data or not.

my connection

COMP --> SKXBee (1) ///////\\\\\\\ SKXBee (2) (power supply only)

When SKXBee (1) red blink, SKXBee (2) yellow should blink too to indicate that it is receiving a data, but it doesn't.
decarus

Postby decarus » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:44 pm

Unless i plug the SKXBee(2) to the computer and open another XCTU. Only then it receives data.
decarus

Postby A380 » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:13 pm

decarus WROTE:When SKXBee (1) red blink, SKXBee (2) yellow should blink too to indicate that it is receiving a data, but it doesn't.

SKXBee (2) yellow wouldn't blink if it didn't connect to computer. The yellow LED (U_RX) and red LED (U_TX) are indicate the USB communication only, not the UART. Actually your SKXBee (2) has receive the data, so you should use PIC or other micro-controller with UART to process it.
A380
Discoverer

Postby ober » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:01 pm

decarus WROTE:When SKXBee (1) red blink, SKXBee (2) yellow should blink too to indicate that it is receiving a data, but it doesn't.

In the User's Manual of SKXBee, page 4, board layout, both that LEDs is being labeled as E. The table also explain that both these LEDs are indicator for USB transmitter and Receiver status.

Since you are not connecting the SKXBee to computer USB port, the LEDs will not have any activities, though the XBee have transmit and receive data.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Wireless Device