Question on passive RFID card

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

Question on passive RFID card

Postby huntersouls » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:24 pm

tommy 2010-04-21 15:56:02

i want to ask if the RFID sell in cytron is already program data in it? As i want to sent a value in it for different RFID card like RM10 and Rm20 in two RFID card and show on LCD when it detect by the reader

Admin Reply :
hi, we do not write anything in the RFID tag. and for your information, this RFID tag is passive tag, you can only obtain the unique ID from each RFID tag, no extra can be written or read from the RFID tag. if you have further question, please post at our technical forum, thanks.

Thank for replying, i want to ask this unique id is different for all RFID card??? could be it like when read this unique id and be translate by mcu and display the desire output from user. For example when the RFID reader read the unique id and went inside the mcu it detect as 'A'(unique id) and show and output that is program by user?.
huntersouls
Novice

Re: Question on passive RFID card

Postby ober » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:33 am

huntersouls WROTE:Thank for replying, i want to ask this unique id is different for all RFID card??? could be it like when read this unique id and be translate by mcu and display the desire output from user. For example when the RFID reader read the unique id and went inside the mcu it detect as 'A'(unique id) and show and output that is program by user?.

There are 10 digit of numerical number on every passive RFID as far as I know. Other RFID tag has other standard. As far as we use, we have yet to met same ID for RIFD tag.

I do not understand your question. you want your MCU to translate the ID? Of course that is possible, just write the program on MCU to detect an "1234567890" from RFID reader, display let just say "Ahmad", that is up to your program. RFID reader will read the unique ID on RFID tag and send to MCU, that's the task.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby huntersouls » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:43 pm

thank a lots then i understand. Mean that all RFID card got their own unique card hence just set the mcu to detect the unique id and display the desire display?
huntersouls
Novice

Postby eda » Wed Aug 11, 2010 2:34 pm

hello, i just bought the rfid reader and also the rfid card and keychain. where can i find the datasheet of the product, because i’m trying to get the digital output from the oscilloscope, i need to know what is the device frequency operating or can you give me the digital output of the rfid card or keychain?
eda
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:58 pm

digital output of RFID card? Sincerely, I cannot get the idea why you want to measure the digital output from oscilloscope because RFID tag is using unique way to power the card up and transmit the ID to the RFID reader. So the output is the ID itself if you really want to know.

The freq is 125KHz.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to RFID