PR 25

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

PR 25

Postby Moh Chik Chu » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:55 pm

1.what is the objective of the PR-25?
2.what is the difference of PR 25 with the conventional lock?
3.PR 25 easy broken or not?
4.What factors can damage the PR 25?
5.If i loss the RFID card ,how can i open the door?
6.PR 25 safety index???if PR 25 compared with the conventional lock.
7.How can we make sure that PR 25 can work without electricity?Can we solve it?
8.Can we use another LCD instead of 28 pin LCD?
9.Why that is no rectifier in the hardware list??Is rectifier replace by diode?Can give me the reason.

thanks for answer my question, and please/must reply me as soon as possible.or you can send the reply to my email:nic_1357@hotmail.com.thank you,
Moh Chik Chu
Greenhorn

Re: PR 25

Postby ABSF » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:27 am

Moh Chik Chu WROTE:1.what is the objective of the PR-25?

I am not a Cytron staff and in no way to represent Cytron. Below are just my personal views:

1. The objective of PR25 is to understand how the RFID lock works and learn how to write RFID programs for the PIC.

2. In conventional lock system, you're either having the key or not having the key. A bugaler may try the whole night unlocking without triggering an alarm. In PR25 type of system, You dont need to have a bundle of keys in your pocket if there are 10 rooms in your office building. You may have ranking system, e.g. you may enter the library or low security rooms but you can't enter the manager's room with your RFID. Of course, the design of PR25 might not be 100% foolproof and lack some contigency backup when it fails but always remember it is designed for educational purposes. The professional & commercial ones should cost thousands instead of hundreds.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby Moh Chik Chu » Tue Feb 22, 2011 10:46 am

Thanks for your explain,Allen.
Moh Chik Chu
Greenhorn

Postby ober » Tue Feb 22, 2011 3:12 pm

Well, you need to understand the purpose of DIY project. Cytron created DIY project for beginner and hobbyist to understand the operation of certain electronics device. Normally a PIC microcontroller is used as the controller to read, display, control and sometime communicate. It is not a ready to use product, yet the purpose is more to educational and learning.

1.what is the objective of the PR-25?
As explained above

Again, Allen has stated out the different. PR25 is not a ready product. Is a DIY kit for beginner to learn programming and method to integrate particular device with microcontroller

3.PR 25 easy broken or not?
It depends. If you apply with wrong voltage, shorted certain important pin, solder wrong polarity of components, wrong connection, etc. Yes, that will most probably damage the PR set. If you follow the steps in Details Description as many other did, it should not be problem to get it working

4.What factors can damage the PR 25?
As explained above

5.If i loss the RFID card ,how can i open the door?
If the is no modification on the current PR25, you can reset the PIC or power off it. Again, that depend on how you design your product.

6.PR 25 safety index???if PR 25 compared with the conventional lock.
We do not have that data.

7.How can we make sure that PR 25 can work without electricity?Can we solve it?
You can have back up battery if you like so.

8.Can we use another LCD instead of 28 pin LCD?
I think it should be 16 pin parallel LCD instead of 28 pin. It depends on what type of different LCD. If you are replacing other type of parallel LCD, it should be compatible.

9.Why that is no rectifier in the hardware list??Is rectifier replace by diode?Can give me the reason.
The rectifier is not necessary. It is not replace by diode, just in the design, diode is sufficient.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to RFID