interfacing rfid reader to plc

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

interfacing rfid reader to plc

Postby yhluv21 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:33 am

dear all, i'm doin my project which needs me to interfacing rfid reader to omron plc to run a motor..
reader used--- idr-232n
plc used----omron cpm1a

i modified the reader connection cable [ 6-pin RJ11 to RS232 male port]
i read through d idr-232n manual dld from cytron n asked my lecturers, engineers in jln pasar n on9 information abt d pin configuration~
for idr-232n n my cable colour
pin 1, white---5v vcc
pin 6, blue---- gnd
pin 4 green--- Rx
pin 5 yellow--- Tx
pin 2, pin3---NC

rs232 male port
pin 2-- Rx
pin 3--Tx

for my case, i connect
idr232 rs232 male
pin4 to pin2
pin5 to pin3

my reader is in good condition, when connect pin1 n pin6 to supply, n touched tags{2,3 tags}, gt beep sound n colour changing~
but i got
no tag no display on hyperterminal [windows xp, com port 1, 9600baud, databit 8, none parity, 1 stop bit, none flow control]
no display when connected to omron plc [tested in 'run mode' using cx-programmer]

can any1 solve it for me, i tried everything told by my lecturers, engineers in jln pasar n what i've found, all d info are the same but still i'm not getting what i needed...
really need ur help, thanks~
yhluv21
Greenhorn

Re: interfacing rfid reader to plc

Postby yhluv21 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:36 pm

dear all, i gt 1 more question~
study through on9 info i found that in some cases when the idr-232n reader reads a passive tag, d output is in TTL form~
can i noe wat is d output for idr-232n reading a passive 125kHz tag?
is a 1byte heading, 1byte start of text n 10byte data
or is a ttl form?

thz~
yhluv21
Greenhorn

Re: interfacing rfid reader to plc

Postby sich » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:51 am

yhluv21 WROTE:i modified the reader connection cable [ 6-pin RJ11 to RS232 male port]

This reader comes with USB and female serial port. That means you cut away these two connectors and soldered a male serial port to it? Actually you should cut and solder the wire one-by-one by referring the the user manual's Pin Configuration section. That's the safest way of doing it.

yhluv21 WROTE:my reader is in good condition, when connect pin1 n pin6 to supply, n touched tags{2,3 tags}, gt beep sound n colour changing~
but i got no tag no display on hyperterminal [windows xp, com port 1, 9600baud, databit 8, none parity, 1 stop bit, none flow control]
no display when connected to omron plc [tested in 'run mode' using cx-programmer]

Try to swap your TX and RX connection from reader to male serial port connector, IF the pin function and its color you gave is correct.

yhluv21 WROTE:study through on9 info i found that in some cases when the idr-232n reader reads a passive tag, d output is in TTL form~
can i noe wat is d output for idr-232n reading a passive 125kHz tag?
is a 1byte heading, 1byte start of text n 10byte data
or is a ttl form?

TTL = Transistor transistor logic, so it has nothing to do with your "1byte heading, 1byte start of text n 10byte data". One is related to signal's voltage level, and one is about communication protocol.
The output for RFID-IDR-232N reader is RS232 standard voltage level.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Return to RFID