RFID READ display, PROJECT 8

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

RFID READ display, PROJECT 8

Postby MAKULA » Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:30 am

hallow, i am working on the project of rfid read and display which uses the rfid reader to read the tags and display a sentence giving the information about the tag, i have already purchased the hardware from cytron technologies of project number 8.
the problem that i am facing noe when i try to modify the code is.
i have modified the sample code to:
unsigned char user_1[30]={"PEDESTRIAN AHEAD "}; //define the Tag user here
unsigned char user_2[30]={"TURN LEFT "};
but i am receiving the following errors from my mplab window:
Error [1253] double.c; 55. could not find space (111 bytes) for auto/param block
Error [1253]

double.c; 55. could not find space (111 bytes) for auto/param block
Error [1253] E:\mradi\ORDER

\Source Code PR8-B\Source Code PR8-B\PR8.c; 189. could not find space (111 bytes) for auto/param

block
Error [1253] E:\mradi\ORDER\Source Code PR8-B\Source Code PR8-B\PR8.c; 189. could not find

space (111 bytes) for auto/param block
what is the problem because i have been trying to find it but i could not?
MAKULA
Freshie

Re: RFID READ display, PROJECT 8

Postby ober » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:21 am

Hi, Makula,

It seem that your code is too large to fit in the RAM (data memory)

You can try defining your string in such method:
const unsigned char user_1[] = {"PEDESTRIAN AHEAD"};
const unsigned char user_1[] = {"TURN LEFT"};

No. of array element is not require for string type of array. This should save you more space. Anyhow, I am seeing you are lack of 111 bytes, you might still need to shorten your code.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby MAKULA » Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:04 pm

please, i am asking for the advice on things that i might cut apart from my database in the modification of source code of the project rfid read and display number 8 in order to obtain more space. because my mplab windows shows that i am 111bytes of memory space short.
MAKULA
Freshie

Postby robosang » Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:24 am

Is this modification from Cytron DIY project? I use that before, it is working. I even add in extra IDs and it still work, can't remember how many exactly, but at least 5 to 10. Ya, from the error message it seem you have too many variables which cannot be accommodated in RAM.

Anyway it might be other stuff that causes this as we only see a few line from your program.
robosang
Expert

Postby wan5083 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:30 pm

i have setup my project.. RFID READER as reader for the tag and PR8(PIC16f876a) as interface to print the tag on the screen and the LCD is write processing.. Then the pc will get the tag through UC00B(uart to usb) and print also on the monitor..Then the tag will compare with the database tag if present the pc will sent to LCD at the PR8 "success login"... I have been stucked at to compare with the database tag and print at the LCD..Help me please:<??
wan5083
Greenhorn

Postby Idris » Tue Mar 27, 2012 7:52 pm

wan5083 WROTE:i have setup my project.. RFID READER as reader for the tag and PR8(PIC16f876a) as interface to print the tag on the screen and the LCD is write processing.. Then the pc will get the tag through UC00B(uart to usb) and print also on the monitor..Then the tag will compare with the database tag if present the pc will sent to LCD at the PR8 "success login"... I have been stucked at to compare with the database tag and print at the LCD..Help me please:<??

Oh not familiar with database, need software engineer here to explain. :geek:
If directly compare in firmware coding, it is easy. :)
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to RFID