how to get the id of an rfid tags using vb6

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

how to get the id of an rfid tags using vb6

Postby cytronix101 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:10 pm

How can I a read the data of an rfid tag using vb6 because when I use the hyper terminal the data being send is a special character like cross symbol,heart,parallel lines,mask, and etc that being scanned by the rfid reader.
cytronix101
Freshie

Re: how to get the id of an rfid tags using vb6

Postby hyng » Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:51 pm

There should be no problem for VB6 to receive data if hyperterminal can recieve it. Please refer to ASCII table or the UM for the RFID reader to find out what are those special character stand for.

Cytron just come out a Tutorial about GUI, feel free to go through it.
https://sites.google.com/a/cytron.com.my/tutorials/programming-software/gui
hyng

Postby shahrul » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:39 pm

cytronix101 WROTE:How can I a read the data of an rfid tag using vb6 because when I use the hyper terminal the data being send is a special character like cross symbol,heart,parallel lines,mask, and etc that being scanned by the rfid reader.

If you receive a character, not have a number on hyperterminal, maybe you are wrong baudrate set.
shahrul
Professional

Postby cytronix101 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 3:42 pm

Well I set the right baud rate which is 9600, my question is that i used the cytron rfid reader rs232 model i mean the black one and my question is this how many bits thus the rfid tags being used for this reader? because the weigand rfid reader has 26 bits?
cytronix101
Freshie

Postby robosang » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:12 pm

You are confusing us here. You are using the RS232 type or Weigand? If you like to know the bytes send from RFID reader, the simplest way is to read the User's Manual/datasheet. Or since the RFID is connected to your computer, simply open HyperTerminal and check the data receive when a RFID tag is scanned, why you need to compare with Weigand type?

Verify the basic thing is working first. Since you say you can receive data through HyperTerminal, the hardware is working, so is the software part.
robosang
Expert

Postby wan5083 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:14 pm

i have setup my project.. RFID READER as reader for the tag and PR8(PIC16f876a) as interface to print the tag on the screen and the LCD is write processing.. Then the pc will get the tag through UC00B(uart to usb) and print also on the monitor..Then the tag will compare with the database tag if present the pc will sent to LCD at the PR8 "success login"... I have been stucked at to compare with the database tag and print at the LCD..Help me please:<?? :?:
wan5083
Greenhorn

Return to RFID