How to link RFID to PLC?

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

Re: How to link RFID to PLC?

Postby jenshen418 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 12:22 pm

RS232 on PLC doesn't communicate with normal RS232 signal. It have own communication protocol called Modbus. So, if you connect RFID directly to PLC, it's can't work.

So, I suggest RFID connect to PIC, then PIC talk to PLC using Modbus. You can see Modbus code on PIC here.[/quote]

I m using the toolbus protocol if not mistaken. Cz i m using the laB PLC and PC to do this project. And connection between PLC and PC alr established. Can PLC connect to RFID via PC without PIC?
jenshen418

Postby shahrul » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:27 pm

PLC connect to PC = can
RFID connect to PC = can
Of course all that can be connect.
shahrul
Professional

Postby jenshen418 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 5:13 pm

shahrul WROTE:PLC connect to PC = can
RFID connect to PC = can

thank u very much... I m glad to hear that. another thing, izzit both device can make connection using VB?
jenshen418

Postby shahrul » Mon Dec 05, 2011 7:15 pm

jenshen418 WROTE:
RFID connect to PC = can

thank u very much... I m glad to hear that. another thing, izzit both device can make connection using VB?

can
shahrul
Professional

Postby jenshen418 » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:47 pm

Sahrul. Ur forum gt teach how to link RFID to PC?
jenshen418

Postby shahrul » Mon Dec 05, 2011 10:55 pm

jenshen418 WROTE:Sahrul. Ur forum gt teach how to link RFID to PC?

What forget? You get RS232 RFID Reader or USB RFID Reader. Then start your work.
shahrul
Professional

Postby nazfar » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:05 am

RFID connect to PC = can

How about RFID->PC<-PIC? My project is about RFID in supply chain. I faced difficulties to find the circuit which can be design like that. One more thing, I found that DIY projects in cytron related to RFID does not match to my project because many computers nowadays does not have DB9 port(regarding to my project). The PIC is programmed only to display the ID and the details product is successfully traced in database or not. I really need help from you guys. I'm very new here. :(. Can you guys give me info about the circuit? :( Or any method to find solution regarding to my problems? :(
nazfar

Postby ABSF » Wed Dec 07, 2011 6:57 am

nazfar WROTE:How about RFID->PC<-PIC? My project is about RFID in supply chain. I faced difficulties to find the circuit which can be design like that. One more thing, I found that DIY projects in cytron related to RFID does not match to my project because many computers nowadays does not have DB9 port(regarding to my project). The PIC is programmed only to display the ID and the details product is successfully traced in database or not. I really need help from you guys. I'm very new here. . Can you guys give me info about the circuit? Or any method to find solution regarding to my problems?

RFID -> PC --------can
PC <- PIC ---------also can

use
RFID(UART)->UC00B->PC(USB) --------no need COM port
PIC(UART)->UC00B->PC(USB)----------also no need COM port

The PIC is programmed only to display the ID and the details product is successfully traced in database or not.

That's why if you want to use PIC, you have to learn the C or Assembly language for PIC. The DIY project from cytron is just giving you examples of how to interface and how to write the program to use the RFID Reader. I understand they cannot do a project to track the warehouse items using RFID cos that application is too rare and too complicated for beginers to tackle.

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Previous

Return to RFID