PR8 PROJECT RFID

RFID reader, Reader/Writer, Tag.....

PR8 PROJECT RFID

Postby nezuan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:32 am

wan 2012-10-02 13:14:52
i just bought your PR8.when i try to burn the program into the target board,the massage appear "PK2Error0049: VPP Voltage error. Check target and retry operation.".can you explain it why?furthermore,when i check the data voltage(data4) from RFID,the voltage is in -VE value.why?lastly,my LCD doesnt have the LED backlight.is it because i havent burn the PIC or something wrong with it?
Admin Reply :
Hi, please recheck all your connection especially the programmer pins. If you have a multimeter, please measure the voltage on VCC MCLR and GND. Yes, you need to program before the LCD backlight can be ON. Please continue discuss in our technical forum as this is only for short inquiry. Thanks
......................................................................................................................................................
Thanx for answering the questions in a short period.now,i already check all the connection and confirm that all of it is OK.when i check the MCLR/VPP pin without connecting the UIC00A cable,it shows 4.5V,but when i connect the ribbon cable (UIC00B) to the UIC00A connector on my target board and i check the voltage at MCLR/VPP,suddenlt the voltage drop to 0V and still the output window on MPLAB shows "PK2Error0049: VPP Voltage error. Check target and retry operation.".i suspect this is the reason why i cant write the hex code into the contoller.so,what is your suggestion??
nezuan
Greenhorn

Re: PR8 PROJECT RFID

Postby yonghui » Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:48 am

hi,

mayb u can try to use the pickit2 standalone software.
download PICkit 2 V2.61 Install with .NET Framework
from
http://www.microchip.com/stellent/idcplg?IdcService=SS_GET_PAGE&nodeId=1406&dDocName=en023805

after install, click Tools-> check communication.

see what it shows.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby robosang » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:02 am

I don have this DIY project from Cytron, nor I am the admin of Cytron. Just giving few cents I have.

I think you can try to use PICkit2 Programmer instead of using MPLAB IDE to load program. Just open and try to load the hex file given. BTW, a photo of your hardware might be helpful.
robosang
Expert

Postby nezuan » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:03 pm

i already download the software and try to load the hex file but the same error occurs VPP voltage error.is it because my PIC already burn out because my friend said the PIC is a bit sensitive.please help me.
nezuan
Greenhorn

Postby yonghui » Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:53 pm

then i think u will need to careful check the connection of the board.

and if u can borrow one UIC00A/B, or pickit2 from a friend then try it.

this is to check whether its problem with UIC or the board.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby nezuan » Thu Oct 04, 2012 1:48 pm

i already check my board so many times and confirm that all the connection is good..i think my PIC was burn during WRITE session because i turn both programmer supply and board supply ON.so now,i'm waiting for my order of new PIC.hopefully,my guess is rite.or else,must but the whole new set..huhuhu..wish me luck!
nezuan
Greenhorn

Postby yonghui » Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 pm

do u measure the voltage regulator giving 5V output at VDD pin?

i dont think turning on programmers vdd, and board's vdd will cause the PIC to burn, the programmer normally can detect whether the device is powered on or not.
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to RFID