advice on design a flexible gripper

Servo Bracket, Robot Gripper, Robot Chasis, Micro Gearmotor Bracket, Castor,Acrylic, Anti-slip Map

advice on design a flexible gripper

Postby Farahana » Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:08 am

hi..

Actually, I would like to get some advice and consult about my final year project which is to design and develop flexible pincher/gripper for automated chocolate chip cookies machine.

The objectives of this project are to grip the dough from the container, transfer and arrange it to the baking tray with constant size, weight and rounded shape of dough.

The main problem is the dough cannot be compress by the gripper. how I want to grip the soft dough by the gripper? can u give some ideas/opinion on how we want to move the gripper and which type of the gripper is suitable to use.

I was planned to use PIC as the controller and RC servomotor as the actuator..So I was wondering whether is it compatible/suitable to apply for this project or u can give some ideas/opinions regarding to do this project.

sorry for asking these question and your ideas/cooperation is highly appreciated.
Thank you.
Farahana
Rookie

Re: advice on design a flexible gripper

Postby robosang » Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:45 pm

There is no ready solution and suggestion. If there is, there is no purpose for you to do, right ? 8-)

Try using Servo motor, RC servo or any low cost and light motor to be gripper and arm. Programming is crucial, but don ignore the hardware. Experience can only gain through trial and error :mrgreen:

Get yourself a controller, start writing something, I am sure you are not familiar with the program. Without program, your project cannot move :D
robosang
Expert

Re: advice on design a flexible gripper

Postby Idris » Sun Mar 25, 2012 9:05 am

Maybe need a sensor like Force Sensitive Resistor or Flexiforce Sensor to detect the dough. However it is hard project because the dough is so smooth. You need to do a lot of experiment on the reading sensors and controlling the servo motor.
Cytron Technologies invest time and resources providing tutorial, training and support for STEM education and maker movement. We need your support by purchasing products from Cytron Technologies. Thanks.
http://www.cytron.com.my
Idris

Return to Hardware