how to static ip address on router?

Servo Bracket, Robot Gripper, Robot Chasis, Micro Gearmotor Bracket, Castor,Acrylic, Anti-slip Map

how to static ip address on router?

Postby alung92 » Wed Oct 29, 2014 6:10 pm

i using W5200 Ethernet shield. i use 192.168.1.XX:(port number) it work, But if i use my public IP address with my port number it's not working. If just type in public IP address on browser, it will display router main page. Adding port number is not allowed? my port number is 81.

One more question, how can i static my public ip address, if my house was black out and the public IP address is reset. Even i used DynDNS.com and dlinkddns.com is just host the ip adress, it's not static the public ip address.

i follow the tutorial ----> http://tutorial.cytron.com.my/2011/07/2 ... eb-server/
alung92
Novice

Re: how to static ip address on router?

Postby kl84 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:07 pm

Have you done the port forwarding part mentioned in the tutorial? You need to let your router know what to do with the port you code in Arduino.

About randomly assigned public IP address, you need to check whether the dynamic dns provider has any app for you to update the address automatically at an interval. Need Fixed IP?
kl84
Amateur

Postby kathleencjustice » Sat Jun 11, 2016 1:25 pm

Fire up your D-Link router’s Web configuration screen and click on its Setup tab. From there, click on Network Settings on the sidebar. Scroll down to the Add DHCP Reservation section, check the Enable box and add your device’s name. Add your device’s IP Address and MAC Address. The IP Address you choose will need to fall within your router’s DHCP UP Address Range (see the DHCP Server Settings section directly above). You should be able to locate your devices MAC Address on the bottom of the device itself. Click Save.
kathleencjustice
Freshie

Postby chrismartin » Fri Nov 04, 2016 6:29 pm

To change the routers IP address, detach it from whatever is left of the system, connect a workstation straightforwardly to it, Purchase essay papers then sign in and change the IP address of the LAN port in the setup page.
chrismartin
Fledgling

Return to Hardware