Specs for 0.8Amp 5V-26V DC Motor Driver Shield for Arduino

Servo Bracket, Robot Gripper, Robot Chasis, Micro Gearmotor Bracket, Castor,Acrylic, Anti-slip Map

Specs for 0.8Amp 5V-26V DC Motor Driver Shield for Arduino

Postby Mostafa » Sat Feb 20, 2021 1:08 am

I am confused about the specification of this shield (0.8Amp 5V-26V DC Motor Driver Shield for Arduino).
- the website says that the continuous current it can handle is 0.8A while in the L298P datasheet, it says that the dc operation is 2A.
- the website says that the input voltage range is 5.0 to 26V (ext) while the data sheet says VIH+2.5 to 46V. For Arduino, VIH is 5V, therefore the voltage range is 7.5 to 46V.
Can you please let me know.
I want to buy a bulk of the drivers (40) and I want to drive a motor with a supply of 5V (external) and I am not sure if shield will work.
thanks
Mostafa
Fledgling

Re: Specs for 0.8Amp 5V-26V DC Motor Driver Shield for Ardui

Postby ober » Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:51 am

Mostafa WROTE:I am confused about the specification of this shield (0.8Amp 5V-26V DC Motor Driver Shield for Arduino).
- the website says that the continuous current it can handle is 0.8A while in the L298P datasheet, it says that the dc operation is 2A.
- the website says that the input voltage range is 5.0 to 26V (ext) while the data sheet says VIH+2.5 to 46V. For Arduino, VIH is 5V, therefore the voltage range is 7.5 to 46V.
Can you please let me know.
I want to buy a bulk of the drivers (40) and I want to drive a motor with a supply of 5V (external) and I am not sure if shield will work.
thanks

Well, the datasheet (L298P) says it can handle 2A, but not continuously :) We have tested the motor driver can deliver 0.8A continuously. Of course, it can go up to 2A for a short period of time :)

In the case you want to use external supply (from the terminals), then 5V is fine.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Return to Hardware