IN VOLTAGE ERR -

AC-DC Adapter, Transformer, Lipo battery and charger, SLA, Cell battery.....

IN VOLTAGE ERR -

Postby luqman hakim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:58 am

I bought the LIPro Balance Charger Imax (LIP-CR-IMAX-B5) from cytron.
but when i try to charge 11.1 V LiPo Rechargeable Battery (LIP-11.1-1500) using this charger there was an error msg 'IN VOLTAGE ERR - ' . I try changing the ac-dc power adapter supply to several different model but still the error persist. When I measure the voltage from the ac-dc power adapter before charging start the voltage was constant about 17V but when charging start it drop to 9V. This happen to all of the ac-dc adapter that I've tried on. Is there a special power adapter that I need to use or is there any solution for this? please help.

btw:
I've tried both Lipo charge program and Lipo balance charge program available on the Imax B5 charger. the result is the same.
luqman hakim

Re: IN VOLTAGE ERR -

Postby yonghui » Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:24 pm

hi,

the max current output from the AC DC adaptor enough to support the charger?
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby luqman hakim » Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:32 pm

Hi thanks for reply.the adapter max current is 500mA. I change the Imax charger current to 0.2A and it charge ok. Now some time when i tried to charge a 3 cell battery (S:3SER), the charger detect and display...only 2 cell of batteries (R: 2SER).. is it ok to continue to charge the batteries.?
luqman hakim

Postby yonghui » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:05 pm

hi,

try to measure the voltage of each lipo cell with multimeter. if the voltage is too low, means that the cell is destroyed already. probably due to over-discharge, lipo cell need to maintain the voltage at minimum around 3.0V and need recharge immediately if drop lower than that, else it will be destroyed

regards
yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Return to Power