Inverters

AC-DC Adapter, Transformer, Lipo battery and charger, SLA, Cell battery.....

Re: Inverters

Postby Brian Griffin » Thu Nov 03, 2011 8:02 pm

If it involves high-voltage electricity, testing the system without supervision is very hazadrous and may give a risk of electrocution.
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby ABSF » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:16 am

low5545 WROTE:I want to convert DC voltage from a battery to AC voltage through an inverter circuit below

This circuit is quite simple and straight forward. The transformer is also easy to get. But at your age, isn't it better to play with something safer till you gain more experience? The secondary of the transformer will give you 240V a/c and if not careful, could give you a big shock and might kill you!! :evil:

I agreed with Brian that this experiment should be tried with supervision if you really want to try it out. It'd be OK if you just want to discuss about the circuit. Actually I quite admire you that you started to get interested in Electronics at such an early age. At your age, I was still playing guitar and watching my dad changing the fuse when one of the lights get burnt. :D

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby Brian Griffin » Fri Nov 04, 2011 9:38 am

ABSF WROTE:I agreed with Brian that this experiment should be tried with supervision if you really want to try it out. It'd be OK if you just want to discuss about the circuit. Actually I quite admire you that you started to get interested in Electronics at such an early age. At your age, I was still playing guitar and watching my dad changing the fuse when one of the lights get burnt. :D
Allen

At this, I'm worried about getting the user getting a bad shock because of that modification of the circuit. The circuit, from the 2nd one, is very complex and even the experienced professionals will stay away from modifying the thing.

There are ready made converters available in the market. You can just buy them online or somewhere in KL. At least it saves the hassle of tinkering or changing. :)
PIC - UIC00B from Cytron (replacement for my broken PICKit 2), Pickit 3, MikroC for PIC
dsPIC - MikroC for dsPIC, mikromedia board (dsPIC33)
AVR - AVR Dragon
Parallax - Prop tool
Brian Griffin
Enthusiast

Postby low5545 » Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:25 pm

Ya, maybe I should just go with DC for now. :D
low5545
Discoverer

Return to Power