need help with transformer

AC-DC Adapter, Transformer, Lipo battery and charger, SLA, Cell battery.....

Re: need help with transformer

Postby tekiding » Thu May 17, 2012 3:13 pm

dear allen,

my first attempt to wind the wire to the ring...see the picture no1 that i attach..

the shape looks just like pic no2 but right now i only can keep it to the same shape closely coz i tape it using selefon tape,if got no tape,the it would not be that close if u get what i mean..so any idea / suggestion for this matter?

and next question is if what im doing is right,how to test it work or not?

thank you
Attachments
a.jpg
pic 1 (first try winding the wire)
b.jpg
pic 2 (the real project)
b.jpg (60.48 KiB) Viewed 9738 times
tekiding
Novice

Postby ABSF » Thu May 17, 2012 3:40 pm

tekiding WROTE:the shape looks just like pic no2 but right now i only can keep it to the same shape closely coz i tape it using selefon tape,if got no tape,the it would not be that close if u get what i mean..so any idea / suggestion for this matter?

and next question is if what im doing is right,how to test it work or not?

Nice. 8-) You can make the coil rigid by applying selefon tape, hot glue or super glue. It's all up to you as long as the coil is not moving freely. To test it, just solder it to your circuit PCB.....How else can you test it?

Allen
The next war will determine NOT who is right BUT what is left.
ABSF
Professional

Postby tekiding » Tue May 22, 2012 4:11 pm

hye allen...

got small prob i guess, the copper wire i bought..it should be a good conductor of electricy right? but right now..i try to light on the led using this copper wire i use to wind the ferrite,it doesnt on..,but if i conncet directly the led to battery, led will light on.. :?: fyi..im using the extra copper wire not the one that already wind to the ring....
tekiding
Novice

Postby ABSF » Tue May 22, 2012 4:22 pm

I have told you that the copper wire is "insulated" with a coating of "enamel".

Looks Ok but you have to wind it carefully not to break the ferrite ring. After winding , scratch the ends with a knife or use sand-paper to remove the insulation before soldering.

Read my olderer replies carefully as I've already told you how to due with this type of wire.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

Postby tekiding » Tue May 22, 2012 9:24 pm

ABSF WROTE:I have told you that the copper wire is "insulated" with a coating of "enamel".

Looks Ok but you have to wind it carefully not to break the ferrite ring. After winding , scratch the ends with a knife or use sand-paper to remove the insulation before soldering.

Read my olderer replies carefully as I've already told you how to due with this type of wire.

Allen

im sorry i miss this step..,i scratch the wire then the led light on..thank you and sorry..
tekiding
Novice

Postby tekiding » Tue May 22, 2012 10:25 pm

ABSF WROTE:
Nice. 8-) You can make the coil rigid by applying selefon tape, hot glue or super glue. It's all up to you as long as the coil is not moving freely. To test it, just solder it to your circuit PCB.....How else can you test it?

Allen

after scratch the end wif knife..,i try to apply what my frenz told me once how to check the transformer..,curiosity makes me wanna try it so i connect the primary(77t) to a 9v battery then connect mulimeter to the secondary(44t).nothing happen and turn out only drain the battery energy from 9v to 7v..

pic 1 is what i do..any comment about this?
Attachments
test.jpg
just trying
tekiding
Novice

Postby sich » Wed May 23, 2012 5:23 pm

Basically you need to change the current in the primary coil and that changes the magnetic flux produced. This magnetic flux which changes will induce voltage at the secondary coil. So....you need to apply AC, not DC.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby tekiding » Thu May 24, 2012 10:45 am

thanks for repyling sich...

if i use this connection...will i able to use a dc source?
Attachments
zz.jpg
tekiding
Novice

Postby sich » Thu May 24, 2012 11:29 am

Yes, that's SMPS (switching mode power supply). Mind to tell us what's the ultimate goal you want to achieve? Boost up the input voltage?
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby ABSF » Thu May 24, 2012 2:42 pm

tekiding WROTE:thanks for repyling sich...

if i use this connection...will i able to use a dc source?

Applying 9V to the circuit will cause mc23063 to generate AC from pin 1 for your ring transformer.

Allen
ABSF
Professional

PreviousNext

Return to Power