pr15

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

pr15

Postby haidil » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:51 am

haidil 2009-12-30 01:47:51
what the parameter that show in lcd for Gas Sensor.
Admin Reply :
The LCD will only show the ADC value for both Gas and humidity sensor. If you want to show the exact information, please convert it referring to the sensor data sheet.

i want to display the aqi (air quality index) value in lcd.
what data should i refer.
please help.
haidil
Greenhorn

Re: pr15

Postby ober » Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:58 am

please refer to the data sheet of the gas sensor which you can download from here: http://www.cytron.com.my/datasheet/sensor/tgs2600.pdf.

Referring to TGS2600, it provides information of carbon monoxide and hydrogen. If those are gas being considered under air quality index, just refer the graph shown in data sheet and convert it.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby haidil » Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:47 pm

can u give me some example how to convert that data. :?
haidil
Greenhorn

Postby robosang » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:01 pm

Oh... Why don you ask me to do it for you.
robosang
Expert

Postby sich » Fri Jan 01, 2010 6:37 pm

haidil WROTE:can u give me some example how to convert that data.

What do you mean by "how to convert that data"?
How to convert the analog value of the sensor to a readable value? How to convert the value obtained to air quality index?

Since this is a sensor to measure air contaminant, I guess it can be used to indicate various indexes. So you need to find out how is this value related to the index you need (air quality index).
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby haidil » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:30 pm

robosang....
can u do it for me....

sich......
i want to convert the value to obtained to air quality index...

"Since this is a sensor to measure air contaminant, I guess it can be used to indicate various indexes. So you need to find out how is this value related to the index you need (air quality index)."

the prob is i cant get the right data for air quality index that can related to data sheet (tgs2600)

please give me some advise....

thank
haidil
Greenhorn

Postby aurora » Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:33 pm

Air quality index measure the visibility and particle count (above certain size) in parts per million. I'm not sure of the correct scale, but measurement of carbon monoxide, hydrogen, methane is only part of AQI, but it cannot be used to conclude the air quality.

This sensor is mainly use to detect hazardous atmosphere, and more suitable in plant where working in atmosphere with hazardous gas is a concern. (which may cause explosion). think *kaboomm* :D

For AQI, you will need a device (sensor) that can detect the visibility of light transmission through air. Something like an infrared red gas sensor perhaps.... I'm not sure if it is DIY-able...
aurora
Discoverer

Postby robosang » Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:20 pm

haidil WROTE:robosang....
can u do it for me....

You really want me to do it for you? I charge very high you know? but 1st you need to give your particular to me, what is your name, where are you from, which Uni you are from etc. Let other forumer know, OK??
robosang
Expert

Return to DIY Project Set