PR18

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Re: PR18

Postby himura_ryuu » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:46 am

ober WROTE:1. As long as there is analog input to read the Gyro, you can integrate it. You need to consider the power for Gyro too, normally is not 5V, is 3.3V.

3.3V? Hmm... which means I need to put a pot to varies the voltage input, am i right?

ober WROTE:2. Need to do modification on PR18

I'm still thinking about the possible modifications.

ober WROTE:3. What do you mean by directly and normal IR sensor? Do you mean want to interface directly? Yes, you can do it, just take care of the voltage for Gyro. Of course, program modification is necessary, and that is the hard part.
4. Yes, it will be hard.

Yes. Directly interfaced. Do we have any example on gyro program that i can refer to? I'm still learning how to integrate the fuzzy into the PR18 alone without the gyro. anyway, tq ober for the quick response.
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby himura_ryuu » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:21 pm

Been reading a lot of journal related to the BIPED and found that they used Accelerometer Sensor~ So, i browse on Cytron site and found the triple-axis accelerometer breakout~
As my previous post, I tried to combined PR18 with a gyro...

1) What if i change to accelerometer??
2) What difference does it make?
3) Which better? Gyro or Accelerometer?
4) How do we actually interface those?
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby himura_ryuu » Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:41 pm

By the way, how this PR18 stay balanced when walking? What method did Cytron use?
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby ober » Thu Apr 15, 2010 4:59 pm

As explain by sich, PR18 does not use any sensor, the movement of biped is pure being preset on the PIC and to walk nicely, the servo motor must be calibrated according to the document.
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Previous

Return to DIY Project Set