PR18

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR18

Postby himura_ryuu » Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:15 pm

Hye everyone... 8-)

I'm considering to buy this DIY set (PR18 - Walking With Cytron Servo Motor) and was thinking, what it really do???
If i want to add new features like fuzzy implementation, it is possible and how can i actually achieve it???
Just wanna do some angle spinning to enable the biped to turn without making it fall... or maybe i can add gyro module just to stabilize it???

Anyone can answer me???? :roll: ;) ;)
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Re: PR18

Postby sich » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:02 pm

himura_ryuu WROTE:I'm considering to buy this DIY set (PR18 - Walking With Cytron Servo Motor) and was thinking, what it really do???

It's open-loop system where no sensor is used to keep it balance. It can easily fall down if the hardware structure is not carefully mounted and only be able to walk on flat surface perpendicular to gravity force. So basically fine-tuning is crucial for it to walk in balance.

himura_ryuu WROTE:If i want to add new features like fuzzy implementation, it is possible and how can i actually achieve it???

If you are planning to use this PR as a platform for the implementation of such advanced function, rewrite of program is definitely needed to integrate them.

himura_ryuu WROTE:Just wanna do some angle spinning to enable the biped to turn without making it fall... or maybe i can add gyro module just to stabilize it???

Usually gyro and accelerometer is used to detect both linear and angular accelerations. I'm not familiar with balancing, so that's all from me :|
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby himura_ryuu » Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:13 pm

sich WROTE:
himura_ryuu WROTE:I'm considering to buy this DIY set (PR18 - Walking With Cytron Servo Motor) and was thinking, what it really do???

It's open-loop system where no sensor is used to keep it balance. It can easily fall down if the hardware structure is not carefully mounted and only be able to walk on flat surface perpendicular to gravity force. So basically fine-tuning is crucial for it to walk in balance.

himura_ryuu WROTE:If i want to add new features like fuzzy implementation, it is possible and how can i actually achieve it???

If you are planning to use this PR as a platform for the implementation of such advanced function, rewrite of program is definitely needed to integrate them.

himura_ryuu WROTE:Just wanna do some angle spinning to enable the biped to turn without making it fall... or maybe i can add gyro module just to stabilize it???

Usually gyro and accelerometer is used to detect both linear and angular accelerations. I'm not familiar with balancing, so that's all from me :|

Tq for the quick response, sich~ I given it a thought and still thinking on how to upgrade it~ if this experiment successful, i will do this for my degree project~ awaiting other response~ anyway, tq sich~
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby himura_ryuu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:10 am

Hye Guys, it's me again... ;)

In the schematics diagram of PR18 D.I.Y set, they used LM78L05 and TIP2955~

i) May I know why we use that??? :?:
ii) Can it be replaced with other components??? :?:
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby A380 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:45 pm

himura_ryuu WROTE:Hye Guys, it's me again... ;)

In the schematics diagram of PR18 D.I.Y set, they used LM78L05 and TIP2955~

i) May I know why we use that??? :?:
ii) Can it be replaced with other components??? :?:

i) This is a high current 5 volt regulator. LM78L05 is used to regulate 5V while TIP2955 provide high current from power. Refer this http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM/LM7812.pdf page 24.

ii) You can replace it with high current 5V power supply (direct connect to SC16A, Servo Power). It should be able drive 8A or above.
A380
Discoverer

Postby himura_ryuu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:22 pm

A380 WROTE:i) This is a high current 5 volt regulator. LM78L05 is used to regulate 5V while TIP2955 provide high current from power. Refer this http://www.fairchildsemi.com/ds/LM/LM7812.pdf page 24.

ii) You can replace it with high current 5V power supply (direct connect to SC16A, Servo Power). It should be able drive 8A or above.

So, mainly LM78L05 is to supply high current regulated 5V while TIP2955 is the high current provider??? Is it?? And the high current regulated 5V is used to powered the SC16A servo controller?? Am i right???
Sorry.. I'm kinda new in this~
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby A380 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:20 pm

Basically, LM78L05 is to regulate 5V voltage while TIP2955 is the high current provider. So that we have 5V supply with high current. Ya, you are right, it is used for SC16A for driving 8 servo motors on PR18. Around 1A per motor with load.
A380
Discoverer

Postby himura_ryuu » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:28 pm

A380 WROTE:Basically, LM78L05 is to regulate 5V voltage while TIP2955 is the high current provider. So that we have 5V supply with high current. Ya, you are right, it is used for SC16A for driving 8 servo motors on PR18. Around 1A per motor with load.

Yay~ Hehehe~ Tq A380~ For teaching me~ :D
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby himura_ryuu » Tue Apr 13, 2010 1:59 pm

Hye Guys,

it's me again~ Just wondering,
> Can i connect a gyroscope sensor (single axis gyro - SN-LISY300AL) towards this D.I.Y set (PR18 - Walking With Cytron BIPED kit) to make it more stable???
> If i can, what accessories to i need for the new connection?
> How can i do the new connection?
> Can i do it directly like say, normal IR sensor??
> Will it be hard for programming as i'm trying to relate gyro with fuzzy logic??
"Q.E.D
Shoumei Shouryou"
himura_ryuu
Apprentice

Postby ober » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:22 am

himura_ryuu WROTE:
> Can i connect a gyroscope sensor (single axis gyro - SN-LISY300AL) towards this D.I.Y set (PR18 - Walking With Cytron BIPED kit) to make it more stable???
> If i can, what accessories to i need for the new connection?
> How can i do the new connection?
> Can i do it directly like say, normal IR sensor??
> Will it be hard for programming as i'm trying to relate gyro with fuzzy logic??

1. As long as there is analog input to read the Gyro, you can integrate it. You need to consider the power for Gyro too, normally is not 5V, is 3.3V.
2. Need to do modification on PR18
3. What do you mean by directly and normal IR sensor? Do you mean want to interface directly? Yes, you can do it, just take care of the voltage for Gyro. Of course, program modification is necessary, and that is the hard part.
4. Yes, it will be hard.

Good luck!
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Next

Return to DIY Project Set