Multifunction Mobile Robot, Product Code:PR23

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Multifunction Mobile Robot, Product Code:PR23

Postby jack » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:48 am

Hi & good day to all Gurus,

Ive been working on a project to build an autonomous robot that can detect an obstacles using ultrasonic sensor and the robot can also avoid the obstacles by turning left and right.

Is it possible to make the Multifunction Mobile Robot to have the ability of an autonomous robot? If yes, at which part that I can modified, is it through programming or make some modification on the robot itself ?

Thank you !
- jack2010
jack
Freshie

Re: Multifunction Mobile Robot, Product Code:PR23

Postby yonghui » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:08 am

hi,

i think mostly are the programming part. when detecting obstacles are near, choose to turn left or right. detection of obstacles from the Ultrasound sensor.

yh
thanks&regards,
yh
yonghui

Postby sich » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:58 am

Actually PR23 itself is an autonomous mobile robot. The functions you described are given in the sample program. The only different is PR23 follows black line on white surface. You can eliminate the line following part.

However, since it uses modified RC servo motors (which is the DC brushed motors after modified), so the speed of both motor may not precise. Maybe the robot will slowly turn to either side even if you program it to move straight forward. It's working fine for line following because the IR line following sensors are the feedback for it to adjust its position. One quick way to solve the problem is use different CCPR values for each motor so that it can move in straight line. Please take note of this issue when you're building your robot.
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby jack » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi again,

More questions regarding the robot:

According to sich, since i can eliminate the line following part, there is no need for me to install the IR sensor right ?

What is the CCPR value and how am i going to change the value ? Is it in the programming part ?

If i dont want to use the robot set RC servo motor, what kind of motor that you all recommend for me?

Thank you !
- jack2010
jack
Freshie

Postby sich » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:16 am

jack WROTE:According to sich, since i can eliminate the line following part, there is no need for me to install the IR sensor right ?
Yes, but you better test the complete robot set with the sample source code provided. Otherwise you don't know whether there's any mistake. If it cant work properly, you shouldn't proceed with your modification.

jack WROTE:What is the CCPR value and how am i going to change the value ? Is it in the programming part ?
Yes, it's programming part. Refer the PIC's datasheet, section Capture/Compare/PWM Module. The sample source code should have comments that helps you to get started too.

jack WROTE:If i dont want to use the robot set RC servo motor, what kind of motor that you all recommend for me?
Any standard brushed motor that can fit into the robot base and provides enough torque n speed for your application. You can search for "SPG-20" or "SPG-30" in Cytron's website. If you are using SPG-30, you can purchase the coupling from Cytron and the setup will look like "HD-BSC-SPG-G". For SPG-20, we don't have coupling for it. You need to make your own.
sich

Postby sich » Fri Apr 09, 2010 11:22 am

Ohya, since PR23 robot base is designed to mount RC servo motor, you will need to do sth to mount the brushed motors i suggested. Anyway if accuracy is not that crucial for your application, I would say just use the existing motors to save your time and money.
sich

Postby jack » Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:25 pm

In PR23 page under Accessories you may need tab, we can use UIC00A to program the ucontroller right ? but in UIC00As users manual it says that it does not support PIC16F87 ?

Can you explain ?
- jack2010
jack
Freshie

Postby sich » Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:30 pm

I don't think PR23 is using PIC16F87...
sich

Postby jack » Sun Apr 25, 2010 4:29 pm

hi,
is it ok if I dont want to use the LCD display on PR23 ?
- jack2010
jack
Freshie

Postby waiweng83 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:30 am

jack WROTE:hi,
is it ok if I dont want to use the LCD display on PR23 ?

Of course you can. :)
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Next

Return to DIY Project Set