PR 24 PID MOTOR CONTROLLER

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

PR 24 PID MOTOR CONTROLLER

Postby macher » Sat May 15, 2010 12:50 am

Hej,

I have just received the project and i am trying to find out the best P, I, D terms by using Control System Design methods with math equations so in order to do want i want i need to know the Js, b, Ls, R parameters of the DC Motor, the motor model in the project is;
DC geared motor SPG-20-50K
- 12V input voltage, 0.6W
- Rated speed of 130rpm and rated torque of 58.8mN.m
- 60g of weight

w/V=( K/( Js + b) ( Ls + R ) + K^2) ,

I need Js, b , Ls , R parameters!! Anyone Can Help me Please??
macher

Re: PR 24 PID MOTOR CONTROLLER

Postby ober » Sat May 15, 2010 9:12 am

macher WROTE:I have just received the project and i am trying to find out the best P, I, D terms by using Control System Design methods with math equations so in order to do want i want i need to know the Js, b, Ls, R parameters of the DC Motor, the motor model in the project is;
DC geared motor SPG-20-50K
- 12V input voltage, 0.6W
- Rated speed of 130rpm and rated torque of 58.8mN.m
- 60g of weight

w/V=( K/( Js + b) ( Ls + R ) + K^2) ,

I need Js, b , Ls , R parameters!! Anyone Can Help me Please??

PR24 is to show the effect of value P, I and D on the position control. We use try and error method to get the optimum result. As for the parameters you requested, we do not have that as it is not provided by motor supplier. Sorry about that.

The information that we obtained is being publish in its data sheet that you can get it from here: http://www.cytron.com.my/usr_attachment/SPG20%20Spec.pdf
Ober Choo
Cytron Technologies Sdn Bhd
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby macher » Sun May 16, 2010 2:07 am

Thank you,
I don't understand the UIC00A so called USB In Curcuit Programmer on the PR24, although i ve read the instructions carefully, i don't undestand exactly what is it for? ı guess for programming the pic, i mean to transfer the source code in to the pic, but how will i do that, i am thinking of using a pic transfering kit in order to that
macher

Postby ober » Sun May 16, 2010 9:08 am

macher WROTE: I don't understand the UIC00A so called USB In Curcuit Programmer on the PR24, although i ve read the instructions carefully, i don't undestand exactly what is it for? ı guess for programming the pic, i mean to transfer the source code in to the pic, but how will i do that, i am thinking of using a pic transfering kit in order to that

Yes, UIC00A is PIC programmer, to load hex code (machine code) to PIC Microcontroller. Source code is C code, assembly code, the programmer will not load the source code into PIC, it must be compile to hex code. Have you gone through the User's Manual of UIC00A? Because many people is using it without problem, so it kind of weird that you yet to get idea. Anyway do let us know where is the misleading part so we can correct it. PIC transferring kit? This one really get my attention, what is this actually?
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby macher » Tue May 18, 2010 6:31 pm

Thank you,

I load the hex code in to the pic using a pic transfering kit, i guess i don't need the programmer anymore, another problem is that i want to do the PCB circut board on my own, but i could't find any schematic or layout that shows the drawing in ARES or ISIS program, can you please share this with me?
macher

Postby ober » Tue May 18, 2010 11:06 pm

The schematic is only provide in pdf format. If you need to develop PCB from scratch, you will need to draw the schematic using your preferable PCB tools referring to the schematic provided.
Ober Choo
www.cytron.com.my
ober

Postby sich » Tue May 18, 2010 11:23 pm

macher WROTE:I load the hex code in to the pic using a pic transfering kit

Just curious.. what's this pic transferring kit?
~> How to ask QUESTIONS the SMART way in FORUM? <~
sich

Postby macher » Thu May 20, 2010 1:49 am

hejj

in the source code, while puting the angle value on the LCD display we use this command

rec_data = (unsigned long)ai_read(0) * 3600 / 255

I understand that because of the potasiometer we used as feedback is 10 cylce, the max angle will be 3600 as it is bigger than 255 we used (unsigned long) but what about *3600/255 equation, why do we do this, i mean the value we adjust is the angle , we read the analog input, i get that too but i couldn't understand why do we multiple with 3600 and then divide to 255? please help out here

by the way pic transfering kit is a hardware which also have a software so that you can load the hex code into the pic by using it's software and connecting it with a usb
macher

Postby alex_et » Thu May 20, 2010 5:32 pm

macher WROTE:hejj

in the source code, while puting the angle value on the LCD display we use this command

rec_data = (unsigned long)ai_read(0) * 3600 / 255

I understand that because of the potasiometer we used as feedback is 10 cylce, the max angle will be 3600 as it is bigger than 255 we used (unsigned long) but what about *3600/255 equation, why do we do this, i mean the value we adjust is the angle , we read the analog input, i get that too but i couldn't understand why do we multiple with 3600 and then divide to 255? please help out here

by the way pic transfering kit is a hardware which also have a software so that you can load the hex code into the pic by using it's software and connecting it with a usb

the analog value read by PIC is from 0-255 but the feedback angle range from 0-3600. So, in order for us to display the total angle on LCD. we need to convert the analog value to the angle value by ratio. To make it simple, juz imagine that when the analog value read is 255, then we know that the total angle is 3600, agree? So, if the analog value read by microcontroller is 120, how we know the total angle? 3600*120/255 = 1694.. Tats how we get the total angle. :lol:
alex_et
Fledgling

Postby macher » Sat May 22, 2010 8:38 pm

:D Thanks Alex
I can't believe how couldn't i figure it out, that example you gave helped me

Another issue is that i don't understand why do we limit the P,I,D values to 100 in PR24,
can anyone please tell me why?

thaks Omar,

can this PID controller be applied to any dc motor, working with 12v? How will i measure the control parameters, such as settlingtime, overshoot, damping of the response? since there are no motor parameters, i just can't calculate them so depending on what will i give the P, I, D values?I guess this is a project to use Ziegler-Nichols method to calculate the p,ı,d values? I would be appreicated if you could contact with motor manufacterer and get the parameters of motor from them? answers are really appreciated
macher

Next

Return to DIY Project Set