PR 24 PID MOTOR CONTROLLER

LED Blinking, Walking with Cytron Servo, Displaying RFID, Multi-function Mobile Robot......

Re: PR 24 PID MOTOR CONTROLLER

Postby waiweng83 » Mon May 24, 2010 10:32 am

macher WROTE:Another issue is that i don't understand why do we limit the P,I,D values to 100 in PR24,
can anyone please tell me why?

There is no specific reason for this. We did it is merely for the ease of calculation. You are free to modify that as you like. :)

can this PID controller be applied to any dc motor, working with 12v? How will i measure the control parameters, such as settlingtime, overshoot, damping of the response? since there are no motor parameters, i just can't calculate them so depending on what will i give the P, I, D values?I guess this is a project to use Ziegler-Nichols method to calculate the p,ı,d values? I would be appreicated if you could contact with motor manufacterer and get the parameters of motor from them? answers are really appreciated

You might want to tune the PID parameter with trial and error method instead of by calculation. I don't think the manufacturer of the motor has those parameters either as they differ from one motor to another motor.
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

PR 24 PID MOTOR CONTROLLER

Postby Veeramani » Mon Jan 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Anyone help me provide sample MATLAP code to understand the transfer function of this project
Veeramani
Fledgling

Postby shiyan » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:26 pm

Woh... transfer function, sound familiar. Oh.... my lecturer did mentioned it during control course, but I return to him already after working!
shiyan
Amateur

Postby codet80 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:54 am

Can u do only P control by using PID controller. values of I and D will be zero. Any one have a try to use only P control. I wanna to do speed control dc motor using P control only? anyone have a try it. please help me?
codet80
Freshie

Postby FloatingMachine » Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:55 pm

Of course you can use only P control, but the response you get won't be as good as PID controller. Especially when you don't have the I controller, you will get some steady state error.
FloatingMachine

Postby codet80 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:41 am

Thanks for info.

From PID controller module, can i modified using 12 DV motor without geared? So, the feedback i replace with other sensor like pressure sensor. Anyone have a try this one?
codet80
Freshie

Postby waiweng83 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 11:42 am

codet80 WROTE:Thanks for info.

From PID controller module, can i modified using 12 DV motor without geared? So, the feedback i replace with other sensor like pressure sensor. Anyone have a try this one?

Of course you can, but you will need to know what are you trying to control. Reading the feedback from pressure sensor and control the DC motor? How can the output to the DC motor changes the pressure? Is your DC motor a pump?
With the power of dream, nothing is impossible...
waiweng83

Postby codet80 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 11:55 am

waiweng83 WROTE:
codet80 WROTE:Thanks for info.

Of course you can, but you will need to know what are you trying to control. Reading the feedback from pressure sensor and control the DC motor? How can the output to the DC motor changes the pressure? Is your DC motor a pump?

Yes, DC motor as a pump. More deep we put the pressure sensor more fast DC motor running. At this moment, i try to set depth at 1 meter. When i put pressure sensor at 1 meter deep, the DC motor will act as pump water in the tank. i try to use P control only. I try to modified the source code by cytron but not succesful. The output of pressure sensor in analogue signal range from 0-5V.
codet80
Freshie

Postby codet80 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 2:35 pm

Why PR24 PID Motor controller not control the position. for example when i set the angle to 360. Values of P, I, D are 100, 5,24 respectively. Why PID controller cant control the position. Motor still running. but i set angle to zero, motor not running?
codet80
Freshie

Postby ahmad faiz » Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:35 pm

what component can change a Multiturn VR (3600 degree)?
ahmad faiz
Freshie

PreviousNext

Return to DIY Project Set